Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav on autopilot + teslawaze too much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on a road trip recently, and tried using teslawaze for the first time. After a few minutes, the music started popping, and the center screen started becoming unresponsive. I closed teslawaze, and everything was fine again. Anyone else notice this? This was on a 2018 S75D, with the 2.5 MCU.

I was on 2019.20.4.2. I don't think it was bad cell service. I tried this a few different times on the trip in different areas, and got the same result. Each time it would happen after 5 to 10 minutes of having tesla waze up on the browser. Once when my wife was driving, it even flashed up an alert on the center screen that took up the whole screen, with the red hands on the wheel. This same alert did not appear on the instrument cluster, just affected the center screen. Quitting tesla waze instantly cleared everything up, so I don't think a reboot was needed.
I wonder if having tesla waze up and constantly updating on the screen is too taxing on the MCU when autopilot is also working?