TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nav on autopilot + teslawaze too much?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by A-Wimoweh, Jul 11, 2019.

1. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

I was on a road trip recently, and tried using teslawaze for the first time. After a few minutes, the music started popping, and the center screen started becoming unresponsive. I closed teslawaze, and everything was fine again. Anyone else notice this? This was on a 2018 S75D, with the 2.5 MCU.

2. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

Do a scroll wheel reboot and you should be fine

Which firmware are you on? The browser is much improved with MCU2 car

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Or maybe bad cellular service?

4. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

I was on 2019.20.4.2. I don't think it was bad cell service. I tried this a few different times on the trip in different areas, and got the same result. Each time it would happen after 5 to 10 minutes of having tesla waze up on the browser. Once when my wife was driving, it even flashed up an alert on the center screen that took up the whole screen, with the red hands on the wheel. This same alert did not appear on the instrument cluster, just affected the center screen. Quitting tesla waze instantly cleared everything up, so I don't think a reboot was needed.
    I wonder if having tesla waze up and constantly updating on the screen is too taxing on the MCU when autopilot is also working?

5. Trebek1762

Trebek1762 Let's play jeopardy

what version MCU? 2.5 MCU is not a thing, you probably mean AP 2.5. AP and MCU are completely seperate systems.

6. A-Wimoweh

A-Wimoweh Member

MCU 2 with the "yellow border" option.

• Funny x 2