TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nav on Mute

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by shiftkenny, Feb 22, 2021.

1. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

I don't know if this has been posted, but does people's Nav mute even though the volume is saved to my profile at 50%. Seems like 90% of the time i start nav when first entering my car its on mute..

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

No. Do you by chance have an iPhone? When phones connect to cars they try to sync up the volume controls. And it can have odd side effects. There is an option on iPhone to sync Ringer and Alerts with the Buttons (Volume) or not. Try flipping it off and set your ringer Volume there. The car syncs one them.

I had the opposite problem on my Wifes Volt that it would turn the volume down on the phone notifications every time it connected to the car.

I think other issues like your describe could happen. Android might have its own quirks too like this. It gets complicated. But I suspect something like that is happening.

Try getting in your car without your phone and I bet it doesn’t change on you. Just a hunch.

• Informative x 1
  3. AZAV8R

AZAV8R Member

Happens to me all the time. Bug...

4. DCsquared

DCsquared Member

Yep! Same issue for me.

5. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

I have an android.. this is super annoying

6. dgb62

dgb62 Member

all the time. i've seen other threads on this, not aware of any solution. i also get wildly different volumes coming from the same source--for example, i often have waze on in the background on my phone for the alerts. if i'm listening to a podcast or music, also from my phone, the waze volume is insanely loud. it will correct if i adjust it while the alert is on, but it's jarring every time.

7. Kat Jacks

Kat Jacks Supporting Member

My volume also varies, but not as much as others have indicated. I quickly turn down the volume when I get in the car, then adjust it up depending on what I'm listening to.

8. Gizmo35

Gizmo35 Member

Yes this has been a problem of mine as well

9. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

OK i'm going to put a service request lets what happens

10. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

11. captain_sahaj

captain_sahaj Member

12. LionXng

LionXng Member

I used to have this problem until I realized while nav is talking the volume wheel will change nav volume. So I instinctively was turning down my music to hear nav but actually just turning down nav.

• Informative x 1
  13. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

yeah this was the case before.. user error then it became a software error after an update. i just dont recall which one