Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav: Press screen to drop pin?

wcalvin

Apr 3, 2013
Seattle WA USA
Sure is a nuisance to have to type an address. Anyone figured out how to press-and-hold to drop a pin (or its equivalent)?

Say, I want to find my way back to a northbound entry onto I-5 so I just push the I-5 map anywhere north of the city?

tezzla

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2013
SoCal
I always use the voice command. I don't think I've ever typed in an address, the voice commands work great for me.

Gizmotoy

Sep 16, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Agreed. Anything to make it more like using Google Maps from a PC or Mobile is appreciated... navigation to pins, Waze icons, etc. would all be great.

JohnEC

S 00443
Jun 12, 2012
Concord, Ca
I requested this very thing to Jerome during Teslive.

At the Crissy Field Super Charger event (stopover on the San Diego - Vancouver ride), Jerome said that he'd been testing a new version of the nav (unreleased of course) for a while and that we're going to love all the new features they added. I hope this is one of them.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC