Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav Serious Slowdown???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be able to plug an address into the Model S Nav and have directions in about 10-15 seconds. Now, it takes more than a minute before the directions show up. Anyone else experiencing this? Are there any solutions or workarounds other than using my cell phone?

Someone posted earlier this week that a center screen slowdown they had was resolved by deleting previously visited destinations in the "places" nav scroll-down list (he noted he had quite a few).

Not sure this is what is affecting you, but you may want to give it a try.

Someone posted earlier this week that a center screen slowdown they had was resolved by deleting previously visited destinations in the "places" nav scroll-down list (he noted he had quite a few).

h

Worked like a CHAMP!!! Just cleared out over 1200 entries and it is back to lightning fast like the car itself. Thank you for your assistance!

How do you go about quickly deleting all of them? I've got ~500 - and one at a time seems terrible.

Glad to hear of this workaround.

The best the SvC could come up with, and they claim it was from Tesla Engineering, was to update the firmware (to *.56, which did not help), and to remove my USB sticks. Not a fix in any way.

I will remove 1000 entries and see what happens.

I cleared mine out today. Once you're in edit mode it's one tap per item, and they move so the next item is in the same spot as the one before. Just do a woodpecker on the X button and they go away pretty fast.

I'm not sure if it helped anything. I didn't have much trouble in the first place, just a bit slow bringing up the reversing camera. I think it was faster after but it hasn't been consistent anyway.