Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav System: Address Book

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been mentioned that the navigation system doesn't have an address book. Probably the only OEM nav system on the market which lacks this feature.

For people who don't own the car and are wondering, I'd like to expand on this. (I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet.)

When you pair an Android phone with the car it will transfer your phone's contact list to the car. This transfers all the names and phone numbers AND ADDRESSES. Yes, that's right, addresses too. If I want to navigate to a friend's house then I just bring up that person's contact record from the phone app, then I just click on his address. The address will be transferred quickly to Google Maps and you're all set. Very slick, I don't know of any other car that can do this. If someone knows of any other car that does this please let me know, I like to be up-to-date on these sort of things.

It probably does this with an iPhone as well, but I honestly don't know. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Tesla still should add a nav address book though. Not everyone has an Android phone, and not everyone wants to populate their phone's contact list with a bunch of businesses.

Last edited:
It's been mentioned that the navigation system doesn't have an address book. Probably the only OEM nav system on the market which lacks this feature.

For people who don't own the car and are wondering, I'd like to expand on this. (I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet.)

When you pair an Android phone with the car it will transfer your phone's contact list to the car. This transfers all the names and phone numbers AND ADDRESSES. Yes, that's right, addresses too. If I want to navigate to a friend's house then I just bring up that person's contact record from the phone app, then I just click on his address. The address will be transferred quickly to Google Maps and you're all set. Very slick, I don't know of any other car that can do this. If someone knows of any other car that does this please let me know, I like to be up-to-date on these sort of things.

It probably does this with an iPhone as well, but I honestly don't know. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Tesla still should add a nav address book though. Not everyone has an Android phone, and not everyone wants to populate their phone's contact list with a bunch of businesses.

yes, does this with iphone too. my bmw has done this for a few years. but the model s integration is very good. much better. quite happy with how this is starting to work.

Cripes! My iPhone address book is part of my gmail account. That is close to 1200 addresses and phone numbers. Scares me to think how long that transfer would take :scared: