Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav system is frozen and cameras not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having this same issue. For several days now. And it’s the 2nd Time this has happened (the first time it resolved after a scroll wheel reset while plugged into a supercharger- not sure if that was coincidence).
I’ve tried:
* Scroll wheel reset (several times, with and without brake, a few holding until seeing the Tesla logo)
* power off for over 30 minutes
* swap out the “wheels” in service menu (and back again)
* reformatting the USB
* open/close the hatch

Am I missing anything (outside of unplugging the battery)

Only other thing I sometimes see mentioned is "removing" the USB instead of re formatting it, but reformatting it will ensure it doesnt have data on it so frankly shouldnt make any difference.

These things normally resolve when the car fully sleeps, but using the power off command and letting it sit for a while without checking the app (and without anything else preventing it from sleeping, like sentry mode, etc etc) usually will resolve it.

If not, you likely need to open a service appointment (after verifying that when you powered off, you let the car go to sleep and there wasnt anything keeping it awake, like sentry mode).