Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav through the Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't find an efficient way to do this, so hopefully someone can full me in or this can potentially be a future software release.

I am looking for a way to plan a trip while not in the car. Since the Tesla's computer and navigation system already has access to the necessary information including remaining miles and analytics around navigation/supercharging, it would be nice to plug in a destination into the Tesla app and receive trip info back.

This would help with planning travel/rest or stop time when away from the vehicle.

I know of EV Trip Optimizer, but it would be helpful to have something a little sleeker and integrated.

Thoughts?

You can currently “Share” a destination from your favorite map app with your Tesla app. This will send the destination to your car. When you go to the car the destination will be shown on the Nav. You select and the Nav will calculate the route.

It will not calculate the route and send the info back to the Tesla app that you are requesting.

thx! Only shared SC so far so will try this with Google Maps.

Reactions: jdcollins5
That's what I'm requesting.

You can currently “Share” a destination from your favorite map app with your Tesla app. This will send the destination to your car. When you go to the car the destination will be shown on the Nav. You select and the Nav will calculate the route.

It will not calculate the route and send the info back to the Tesla app that you are requesting.

Reactions: jdcollins5
I am looking for a way to plan a trip while not in the car
I use the EV-TO app.

Since the Tesla's computer and navigation system already has access to the necessary information including remaining miles and analytics around navigation/supercharging, it would be nice to plug in a destination into the Tesla app and receive trip info back.
It would be nice, but there is no way to do that right now. If I understand correctly what you want, and maybe I don’t...

Ideally, I would love for the app to have a navigation feature that speaks with the car to get the current battery level and uses the same analytics as the car nav to give directions based around supercharging.

This would take a lot of the planning out of when to leave on longer trips.