Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav Voice level setting not being stored for me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR AWD 4500mi EAP FSD 9019.20.1

The issue for me is that the volume level of the navigation voice is not being stored. It generally goes to lowest level, somehow, even though I try to store it in my profile at the level that I "enjoy". Also since no "number value" (like 1-10) shows up, no way to exactly set it exactly to the same level I like.

Example.

* Nav Voice level is too low
* I set it to where I think it will be good.
* I move my seat slightly so that the profile pop-up-save-menu is displayed
* I save my profile
* At some point, the voice level gets reset without me doing anything.

My assumption is that the voice level is NOT being stored in the profile, or that maybe if I set Easy Entry to the same volume level the change will not happen. Will have to try that.

Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks.

Do you try to to the music volume down when Nav is speaking? If so, you may be decreasing Nav volume.
I noted your reply to someone else because I am having trouble with Nav voice. I have NO VOICE announcements at all in the last 4 days. I haven't heard back from the support people about it yet.

I am very familiar with my X after a couple years, but this one baffles me. Everything else in the car is fine. Warnings fine, blinker sounds ok, music ok, AP working fine, just no nav instructions. It's not the volume. Hubby and I checked that. Doing a hard reset of the firmware a few times doesn't bring it back either. Neighbor with a couple 6 year old Teslas doesn't seem to know either. Curious about other ideas.

I noted your reply to someone else because I am having trouble with Nav voice. I have NO VOICE announcements at all in the last 4 days. I haven't heard back from the support people about it yet.

I am very familiar with my X after a couple years, but this one baffles me. Everything else in the car is fine. Warnings fine, blinker sounds ok, music ok, AP working fine, just no nav instructions. It's not the volume. Hubby and I checked that. Doing a hard reset of the firmware a few times doesn't bring it back either. Neighbor with a couple 6 year old Teslas doesn't seem to know either. Curious about other ideas.

I can think of only 3 reasons for this problem:
1: Volume level in the "Navigation" options screen is set to off
2: Software update issue
3: Hardware failure

I doubt it is number 3 because that is rare and you say that music is working.
If it is not number 1 (most likely the reason), then ask Tesla to download the software again. While also rare, I've seen at least one case where this was the cause.