TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Navdy

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pete8314, Aug 14, 2014.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

#1 pete8314, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    This looks interesting. Ideally this would be native functionality to the S, but I think that's a few years off. I'm a complete sucker for gadgets like this.

Navdy

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yup; saw this in an update from another Kickstarter project that I helped fund.

Pretty cool stuff.

3. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Ok, somebody has to be the wet blanket, may as well be me. Pilots use heads up displays because they have to. They're landing a plane full of people and need to know what's going on with a bunch of stuff they can't just look out the window and see. You don't "NEED" this. And its distracting you. So its not "SAFE", it is more dangerous to drive with this than without it. My two cents. Put the phone down and drive already.

4. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

I believe the OBD-II port in the MS is not really active and will not pass anything to the Navdy unit. It may have power. I know I didn't get any data from the port when I tried.

5. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

++1