Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Navigate on Autopilot (beta)"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had an interesting happening this evening. The Navigate on Autopilot button went away, after being enabled, and the little descending chime played. I usually leave my map in trip overview mode, and we were sitting in some traffic, so I toggled the map to "Heading" and the Nav on Autopilot came back, already enabled, ascending chime played.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Wha?

Anyone else seen this?

So I had an interesting happening this evening. The Navigate on Autopilot button went away, after being enabled, and the little descending chime played. I usually leave my map in trip overview mode, and we were sitting in some traffic, so I toggled the map to "Heading" and the Nav on Autopilot came back, already enabled, ascending chime played.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Wha?

Anyone else seen this?
Mine goes off once in awhile (usually in same couple places) in the same manner you described the with the chime noise. Then in less than a few hundred meters it just comes back on again (another chime) and continues.
I think there is something in the map database at those points maybe that is missing or corrupted or possibly just not enough data to continue on NoA so it turns off. And as soon as it gets is bearings again it re enables. We have lots of new roads and freeways that are so new the maps are not always exact yet.