Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate On Autopilot Fork Initiation now required in Europe. (UN/ECE Reg. 79)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joexn

Banned
Sep 17, 2021
UK
As part of the 2022.16.1 update, Navigate On Autopilot forks now require driver-imitation in Europe due to noncompliance of UN/ECE Reg. 79.

Navigate On Autopilot Fork Initiation

Navigate on Autopilot has been updated to require a driver-initiated request before the vehicle will select a motorway exit or interchange. This driver-initiated request can be made by using the turn signal stalk shortly before the lateral maneuver is required. Please remain attentive and ready to initiate these maneuvers to remain on the navigation route. This update serves as a remedy to a noncompliance recall of the prior capability (not requiring a driver-initiated request) and only affects vehicles with the Navigate on Autopilot feature in markets that apply European (ECE) regulation.

The updates notes are available here but I've copied them above.

As part of the 2022.16.1 update, Navigate On Autopilot forks now require driver-imitation in Europe due to noncompliance of UN/ECE Reg. 79.

Navigate On Autopilot Fork Initiation

Navigate on Autopilot has been updated to require a driver-initiated request before the vehicle will select a motorway exit or interchange. This driver-initiated request can be made by using the turn signal stalk shortly before the lateral maneuver is required. Please remain attentive and ready to initiate these maneuvers to remain on the navigation route. This update serves as a remedy to a noncompliance recall of the prior capability (not requiring a driver-initiated request) and only affects vehicles with the Navigate on Autopilot feature in markets that apply European (ECE) regulation.

The updates notes are available here but I've copied them above.
Yeah, holding up my collection. So far deployed to 1 car… in Finland

This is probably a dumb question, but Teslafi still shows just 1 install. Is that stating that only 1 Tesla has that release or 1 Tesla, whose owner is also a Teslafi subscriber? I'm 99% sure it's the latter, but thought I would check.
The TeslaFi fleet is cars whose owners subscribe to TeslaFi. 1 install means 1 TeslaFi subscriber has the update.

I personally know of 3 cars in Europe and 1 in Australia with 2022.16 currently. 2 cars in Europe with the 2022.16.1 update.

Reactions: Lee Davis