Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate On Autopilot in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not heard of a single car that has undergone this upgrade... Anyone? Anyone?

I do feel that AP2.0 cars with FSD have been abandoned.... They are certainly in no rush to rectify this injustice... Crap hardware was bought on the promise that it could do FSD. Then they start selling new hardware and further promise they will upgrade us. No where in the world has this upgrade taken place. Can't see them rushing it out down here. And so what happens? As the new features get rolled out...we just don't even get the upgrade...you get that? It is very unfair actually. I am quite upset about it. Otherwise I have been a great loyal Tesla fan...but this was a real stuff up by them...
The yankee sheila at Melbourne service said they had just started doing them before she left USA to live here & that it was a ‘simple swap’. They would probably train their mobile tech to do it

The yankee sheila at Melbourne service said they had just started doing them before she left USA to live here & that it was a ‘simple swap’. They would probably train their mobile tech to do it

Are you saying that she stated AP2/MCU1 upgrades were occurring? My understanding is that they can't do them yet, in fact Musk tweeted something last month IIRC that they hope to be able to do the upgrades in a few months. There are rumors that AP3 and MCU1 are not compatible.

Meanwhile AP2.5 swaps are definitely taking place on S/3/X (in the USA).

Last edited:
There are rumors that AP3 and MCU1 are not compatible.
I have read this also, but have not seen the technical explanation why. One thing’s for sure they will have to upgrade from 3G to 4G sooner rather than later because maps won’t render for even semi-autonomous driving
Also is the yellow border an issue on MCU2 cars? Because if they do end up replacing the MCU1, it will then kill 2 birds

So the AP2 cars can't easily update.

The full FSD will probably not be released (withheld) until all the AP2 cars are rust buckets anyway.

In the meantime they release "features" piece by piece (like NoA and traffic light recognition, stop sign recognition) to keep the bulk of their customers slightly happy and encouraged; but the AP2 cars do not even get these features.

How stupid were the AP2 customers? Someone got a hat with "loser" written on it that they can send me?

The full FSD will probably not be released (withheld) until all the AP2 cars are rust buckets anyway.

In the meantime they release "features" piece by piece (like NoA and traffic light recognition, stop sign recognition) to keep the bulk of their customers slightly happy and encouraged; but the AP2 cars do not even get these features.

How stupid were the AP2 customers? Someone got a hat with "loser" written on it that they can send me?

Bet you still love the car?

If you’re in an S/X don’t worry, it won’t rust ;)

Like me you have an AP2/MCU1 car. You didn’t state whether you have EAP or not, however, I do. In fact while not 100% sure as my car was a demonstrator, I believe I also have FSD software, and am therefore waiting for my AP3 computer update at some point. Regardless cars of our vintage with EAP, are supposed to have smart summon and NOA.

Sadly no AP2 cars received the 2019.40.50.{5|7} builds worldwide As far as I can see on teslafi and other forums. Those builds are what enabled NOA in Australia, and so we are left waiting.

Here’s hoping we do get the next round of updates, and failing that a prompt explanation as to what is happening from tesla, and maybe a timely AP3 update if so entitled.[/

There is no reason why the AP2 cars can’t have NOA. They do in the US.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
There is no reason why the AP2 cars can’t have NOA. They do in the US.

Someone has observed, and I think there is evidence to suggest they are correct, that it's MCU1 that was unable to be updated to 2019.40.50.7, not the drive computer (AP2).

NoA has been running in the USA on AP2 for quite some time.

I genuinely believe that the Model S/X AP2 MCU1 cars in Australia will be getting NoA when whatever the issue is, is resolved, its just unfortunate that the build that finally enabled NoA in Australia is currently incompatible with them - potentially due to MCU1.

Not so long ago, Elon said they didn't recommend upgrading to MCU2, and that they were trying to achieve further software optimisation of MCU1. Maybe that is what we are waiting on. Having said that I wonder if the MCU1 flash lifetime issue will render that opinion incorrect.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
Someone has observed, and I think there is evidence to suggest they are correct, that it's MCU1 that was unable to be updated to 2019.40.50.7, not the drive computer (AP2).

NoA has been running in the USA on AP2 for quite some time.

I genuinely believe that the Model S/X AP2 MCU1 cars in Australia will be getting NoA when whatever the issue is, is resolved, its just unfortunate that the build that finally enabled NoA in Australia is currently incompatible with them - potentially due to MCU1.

Not so long ago, Elon said they didn't recommend upgrading to MCU2, and that they were trying to achieve further software optimisation of MCU1. Maybe that is what we are waiting on. Having said that I wonder if the MCU1 flash lifetime issue will render that opinion incorrect.

Has anyone said that those who purchased FSD get their MCU1 upgraded as well as their AP2.0?

Seriously the early adopters are going to feel it really hard... Very disappointing...

Is this thread about noAP or HW3 Upgrades???

I’ve noticed NoAP has a bug upon some freeway exits. The car will sit in the middle lane but think it’s exiting...

... it seems to enumerate the lanes from the centre towards the outside. Then when a shoulder exists in the middle of the road, the AP will perceive this as the phantom overtaking lane and align itself to the wrong lane to take the exit.