Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate On Autopilot in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the M2 heading back to Sydney this week.

For those of you unfamiliar with the M2 it is 100km/hr and has sections which are 3 lanes plus an additional bus lane on the far right delineated by a solid white line.

M3 moved me to the third right lane and it was still only travelling at 95km/hr. This is not atypical of holiday traffic where a number of people are using a road they are not used to.

Then three times NOA made the move to "go right into the bus lane and clear this jam".

Even though I agreed with NOA that it was a stellar idea I canceled it each time.

At this point NOA is the Devil on one shoulder saying "You and me... let's go for it!"

Is anyone using this in Tasmania? I have 2019.40.50.7 in my 3P+ but cannot activate NoA at all. I have it enabled in settings, but never see an option to activate it for a trip in the turn guidance list as described in the release notes. I have tried numerous trips, including Highway 1 between Launceston and Hobart. Any ideas?

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong, and it now appears that I was...so I've said it.

My MCU1/AP2 model S just received the latest update and it now has the Navigate on Autopilot option. I have not tested it yet but I am accepting it on face value that it is therefore capable of being used on the older un-upgraded car.

Hope it's good! In the meantime, I think I owe Tesla an apology. Encouraged by this development, I hope it's not too long before our cars get upgraded and are able to respond (or our cars to see at least) stop signs and traffic lights.

Keep going Tesla!

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong, and it now appears that I was...so I've said it.

My MCU1/AP2 model S just received the latest update and it now has the Navigate on Autopilot option. I have not tested it yet but I am accepting it on face value that it is therefore capable of being used on the older un-upgraded car.

Hope it's good! In the meantime, I think I owe Tesla an apology. Encouraged by this development, I hope it's not too long before our cars get upgraded and are able to respond (or our cars to see at least) stop signs and traffic lights.

Keep going Tesla!

Glad to hear the older Tesla's are being brought up to current level software.

Navigate on Autopilot is working even better for me, I've been now available to keep on No Authorised Lane change, I decided to turn off speed based lane changes since it was getting a bit annoying how commonly it was jumping lanes even on the lower settings.

Sometimes it would move when its like 500m away from the exit because someone is going 50 under the speed limit while trying to exit. And I prefer to change it myself anyway, maybe next update it'll be improved.

Keep going Tesla!

I paid $320k for my Model X P100D almost exactly 3 years ago with the full self drive option, same hardware spec as your Model S. I also have a Model S P100D, same build date with ehanced autopilot but no FSD option.
I'm far from impressed to still be waiting for the hardware upgrade on the Model X, and although I received the "navigate on autopilot" software update I can't say that it works particularly well. Lets see what happens with traffic light recognition when that is released.
I normally would have traded out of a car by 3 years and 60,000km's; but as Tesla has utterly decimated the resale values by making the same spec car available for under $200k, I think I'll be in this car for a while yet. The only upside to that is that I will likely still have the car for long enough to join any class action required to force Tesla to upgrade the hardware on these early cars.

I see you around a lot....

I used to be in a white Model S (late 2015 model, AP1) however now in a Model 3 Performance....still have an 18mth old Model X with AP2.5 that also has the navigate on auto-pilot but just on the Enhanced Auto-Pilot software license....

I'm driving it all over the place 7 days a week, so it gets around.
Do you find the Model 3 a step up or down from the S/X ?
I'm sure nobody would be surprised to hear that I cancelled my Model 3 reservation on the last round of retail price drops.

;)
I'm driving it all over the place 7 days a week, so it gets around.
Do you find the Model 3 a step up or down from the S/X ?
I'm sure nobody would be surprised to hear that I cancelled my Model 3 reservation on the last round of retail price drops.

I’d say 90% of the time I prefer to drive the Model 3 over the S. Overall my wife loves the X, I like it but personally much prefer a sedan.

What I’d really like is a Roadster 2....not so sure the “boss” will let me, she’s a bit conservative ;)

Love to look at your window tinting efforts the next time I see you about on the X.