Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Navigate on AutoPilot": Is it a specific Full Self-Driving capability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchase the Full Self-Driving capability and I noticed on the map itinerary display the following menu option:

"Navigate on AutoPilot" menu option: Is it a specific Full Self-Driving capability?

If I click on the button, the itinerary change to a Blue color.

- What the difference if I activate or don't activate this feature?

AutoPilot.jpg

Navigate on Autopilot was part of EAP.
It's now part of FSD.

Navigate on Autopilot will suggest lane changes which you can confirm by hitting the appropriate turn signal.

Supposedly, eventually, it will be able automatically to make the lane changes for you and automatically take exits to switch between restricted highways. But, well, Tesla.

Navigate on Autopilot was part of EAP.
It's now part of FSD.

Navigate on Autopilot will suggest lane changes which you can confirm by hitting the appropriate turn signal.

Supposedly, eventually, it will be able automatically to make the lane changes for you and automatically take exits to switch between restricted highways. But, well, Tesla.
I was wondering if was going to just press on the brake pedal to start the car, and then close my eyes until arriving to the destination...
That's would be so Kool!

Maybe I am misinterpreting what you mean by the second part of your statement ("eventually") , so to say my MX already does that part about exiting to switch between highways (at least in most cases up here). Example, if I am coming West on interstate 80 from the gigafactory and going home, it automatically takes the exit from I80 to 395, merges, and continues driving until my main exit. :) I sure look forward to the day of FSD. Hope I don't die first ;)

I was wondering if was going to just press on the brake pedal to start the car, and then close my eyes until arriving to the destination...
That's would be so Kool!
Yes that would be great. You look like a nice young person. Let's just hope that it occurs before you look like this...

Attachments

• 192hd.jpg
    192hd.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 25
Navigate on Autopilot has two basic features which provide on-ramp to off-ramp driving

Biggest feature is the ability to navigate Interstates, including interchanges and to exit when it is time.
Second feature is to suggest lane changes when the systems determines that it may be to your advantage, this currently requires confirmation before automatic action

And you still have to pay attention with the hands on the wheel.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
My feeling is that N-on-A requires more computer processing than autosteer, and that's why it was put in the FSD bucket when Tesla created AP from EAP. So it'll benefit from HW3.

I say that as a heavy user of N-on-A.
That's an interesting thought. I am also a HEAVY user of N-on-A and I really like it. In my MX with 2.0 hardware, it has been surprisingly well behaved. Amazing in fact. Some people seem to have issues, but not me. It's been flawless in the past couple months.