Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had similar issues. Car keeps changing lanes when it does not make sense. Or fights me about what lane to be in. I’ve stopped using NoA because I spend more time fighting it than receiving benefit.

I’ve also had NoA try to turn into reverse direction HOV lanes with gates closed just a hundred feet or so in front of the vehicle at 70mph. Terrifying.

In a situation like that, I'll just turn NoA off. I mostly only use it on the two lane freeways in light traffic areas in the middle of nowhere right now - I haven't been impressed with its choice of strategies in heavier traffic or on roads with lots of lanes.

But I'm sure it'll learn over time. It might also learn to be a little less scary on exit ramps at some point. :)

Anyone have their Nav on Autopilot refuse to do what you ask of it like this:

I think it keeps demanding its way against driver's opposition is because the driver has already consented that way as evidenced in the configuration of No Lane Change Confirmation Requirement.

Although you configured it to disregard human's decision of its lane change, it still gives you a temporarily override power.

But if you do not prefer the machine to do the lane change decision for you, you need to re-configure it as Yes to Lane Change Confirmation Requirement.

I guess you can request Tesla to do the third configuration:

No Lane Change Confirmation Requirement and don't Auto Lane Change again when manually overridden.

But in the meantime, you have 2 choices:

1) configure Yes to Lane Change Confirmation Requirement

or

2) @Saghost 's way: Just turn off NoA and it will fall back to Autopilot.

Last edited: