Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot Messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was getting the warning messages, I pulled over, and inspected the cameras. The car was clean - and there didn't appear to be any thing on the camera lenses. Tried wiping them just with my thumb - didn't see anything - and the error didn't resolve.

Before starting the return trip - did a wiping pass with a microfiber cloth, noticed a little film coming off the side pillar glass, but nothing significant.

Unclear if NOAP coming back was due to the microfiber cleaning of the lenses - or if this was just a software glitch, that reset after the car was parked for a while (and likely went into and out of sleep mode).

If the issue didn't clear, I had planned to do a Power Off on the vehicle when I got home - in addition to doing another round of reboots for the console/dashboard processors - I've seen that resolve some issues in the past. But didn't have to get that far this time.

After I set a destination and select "Navigate on Autopilot", the car and I set out for the destination, mainly on AP when able. Somewhere along the line, the car posts a "Begin Trip" (or "Start Trip"?). I usually don't notice this until I'm on the freeway, well into the drive. Before activating this, am I missing out on any NOA features? It seems to be an unnecessary step, no?