Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot missing from 2018.42

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2018.42.4 on my Model 3 over LTE but the navigate on autopilot feature is not present. It's not even mentioned in the release notes.

Anyone else experience this?

Could this be due to not having updated maps? I rarely connect to wifi and believe its needed for the map update. Problem is, there's no indication of when maps get updated.

I stopped by a show room to ask about it and the salesman didn't know what to make of it.

I updated to 2018.42.4 on my Model 3 over LTE but the navigate on autopilot feature is not present. It's not even mentioned in the release notes.

Anyone else experience this?

Could this be due to not having updated maps? I rarely connect to wifi and believe its needed for the map update. Problem is, there's no indication of when maps get updated.

I stopped by a show room to ask about it and the salesman didn't know what to make of it.
Yes, you need updated maps to get Nav on Autopilot. There's no way to connect to WiFi and force a maps download, so not sure what would trigger it. I also don't know if it will eventually download maps over LTE. I know that I only added WiFi to my car when it prompted me to update my maps and told me I needed WiFi for that...

Okay, thanks. I put it on wifi. I had to string ethernet across my apartment and hang a wifi extender near my window over my car parked on the street below. Barely reaches the wifi. Hopefully it'll update soon.

Incidentally, I wasn't getting the first V9 release over LTE so I stopped by a Tesla showroom and connected to their wifi. Within minutes it started the update.