Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot needs a “nope” button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I know I am late to the party, but I just got the NoA update this morning in time for a drive down to LAX and back. I had my HOV stickers on, so I turned on the HOV option. With that on, the car wanted me to always be in the HOV lane even in light traffic. Not a huge deal to ignore, except it kept beeping at me for not getting into the HOV lane, and more annoyingly, slowing down right before the dashed lines ended to give me more time to make the lane change.

So I turned off HOV, but then got in some traffic, so I jumped in the HOV lane, Now the car wanted me out of the HOV lane and kept beeping, but at least no slowdowns this time. So I just let it stew for 13 miles telling me to get out of the HOV lane.

Would have been nice to have a button to turn down the lane change even if it is for navigation. I never had it suggest a change for speed, these were all navigation related lane changes (hence the beeping). I couldn’t see any way to dismiss them.

Agree. Would be nice if they could add an immediate feedback button for us to respond to suggested lane changes. e.g. "nope, I wouldn't do that now". As of now, if we don't respond to a suggested lane change, Tesla doesn't know if it's because it's not a good idea, we're too lazy, or we didn't notice the prompt.

I know I am late to the party, but I just got the NoA update this morning in time for a drive down to LAX and back. I had my HOV stickers on, so I turned on the HOV option. With that on, the car wanted me to always be in the HOV lane even in light traffic. Not a huge deal to ignore, except it kept beeping at me for not getting into the HOV lane, and more annoyingly, slowing down right before the dashed lines ended to give me more time to make the lane change.

So I turned off HOV, but then got in some traffic, so I jumped in the HOV lane, Now the car wanted me out of the HOV lane and kept beeping, but at least no slowdowns this time. So I just let it stew for 13 miles telling me to get out of the HOV lane.

Would have been nice to have a button to turn down the lane change even if it is for navigation. I never had it suggest a change for speed, these were all navigation related lane changes (hence the beeping). I couldn’t see any way to dismiss them.

You want a button to opt out? You already need to choose to opt in. It’s not on by default. You have to turn it on to use it.

• Disagree
Reactions: FalconFour and JES2
You want a button to opt out? You already need to choose to opt in. It’s not on by default. You have to turn it on to use it.

No, I want a button to tell the car I dont want to change lanes now. Otherwise, it nags me for 13 miles to change lanes (into slower traffic) when I am perfectly content in the lane I am in.

I guess I could turn off navigate on AP, but I assume Tesla would like the feedback rather than me just disabling the system. Although I suppose me disabling it IS a form of feedback.