Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) outside North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been no news for a while about the deployment of NoA in Europe, Asia or Australia.
It'd be nice if anybody who has an insight could post some news on when this could happen.
I know, this depends on regulators, but how long do they take? Have they already checked or made a statement about it?

There has been no news for a while about the deployment of NoA in Europe, Asia or Australia.
It'd be nice if anybody who has an insight could post some news on when this could happen.
I know, this depends on regulators, but how long do they take? Have they already checked or made a statement about it?
Model 3 in Norway only. After that it will be rolled out to everyone.

Sentry mode on the S? That was only available on the 3 until now.

Yes i got it today, already tested it. It activates on the big screen when I go near the repeater cameras:

upload_2019-3-26_17-49-47.png

Only for 3 I guess, yet again...
I got 2019.8.3 on my S in Norway where NoA is enabled for 3, and still nothing..makes no sense!

Anyway I got sentry mode so now I am happy !

I've read that people from Germany and Netherlands allegedly getting NoA on their S and X with 2019.8.3. Strange that we haven't got it in Norway as Elon has explicitly said that Norway would be a priority in Europe.

Reactions: emmz0r
I received NOA for Model 3 with 2019.8.3 here in Germany.(Some people are not realizing that you must first be in Park, then go to the settings for Autopilot | Nav on AP and toggle NOA to the On position and acknowledge the beta status as a one-time action. If you haven't done this, you will never be presented with the NOA option during your actual trips.)

As for NOA in Germany without speed limits, I have to admit I'm not feeling confident with it so far, although I'm sure this will improve. But what I'm feeling so far, when I receive a request to make a lane change and I confirm it, the actual lane-change isn't performed quickly enough for me to feel comfortable with it. When I'm going 80mph (130km/h) and I confirm the lane change, but the vehicle's lane change isn't immediate, I'm left wondering for too many seconds if someone will approach me from the rear going 135mph (217km/h). Even in Mad Max mode, it was still slightly intimidating. This confidence gap sends me rather quickly into an inner-panic mode and I take over control again.

I think it will be excellent for speed-limited zones, but not sure how long it will take for me to love it in the speed-limit-free zones.

Last edited:
Should I go ahead and delete my account for merely providing a datapoint that might also interest Model S owners? I clearly stated "Model 3" at the start.

Deleting your account would be a bit dramatic. Sorry just a bit tired of the Model 3 stuff. Yeah we know it's the new car and all but come on. It's enabled for 3 and not S/X which is a mystery. What gives?

If you can't enable it immediately for everyone (and they must have their reasons), then enable it for the best sensors first. The best sensors are able to collect the most precise data and this data can then be utilized by all. Not what you want to hear, but it's very plausible.

AFAIK the sensors and radar are the same on Model 3 as the X/S AP 2.5 cars, or did I miss something?
And secondly, that is not the issue. NoA is enabled for S/X in USA. So it's not about the sensor anyway.

Reactions: PaulJohn