Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on autopilot not in Canada? 2018.42

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excerpt from Tesla’s blog post on the feature:

“Navigate on Autopilot will begin to roll out this week to U.S. customers who have purchased Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability. The feature will be introduced in other markets in the future pending validation and regulatory approval.”

I am puzzled though as right now, the feature requires driver confirmation and is merely suggesting the lane change. Why would our laws prevent such a feature?

There was another comment by Elon last night that they wanted 10 million miles of evaluation and then may be able to automate the lane change.

I think that’s with regards to having to confirm the lane change. I think he was saying that after 10,000,000 miles, they will be able to remove that confirmation requirement. I don’t think it has anything to do with additional regions getting it. At least I don’t think so. Again, given we have to confirm the lane change, I would’ve expected that there would’ve been no hurdles to make it available in Canada.

NoA (2018.42.3) failed miserably (U.S. spec Model 3) trying to take the Westminster Hwy (36) exit off NB BC-99. The maps aren't accurate of where the actual merge lane and off-ramp is and wanted to merge right into the barrier... 200m too late.

Hopefully the rest of the map data is more accurate...

I have a Canadian model 3 on 42.3
I did not have it at first, and then after a trip to the US it showed up and I have used it in Canada successfully.
Worked all the way from Niagara Falls to home (near Kitchener, on).
I was hoping it would stay, but the following morning it was gone. :(

Interesting, because other US only features did not work for me when I was in the states, I thought it was keyed off the actual VIN and the feature/options data. I am headed down next weekend and will give it a try.

• Helpful
Reactions: Trevlan006
I have a Canadian model 3 on 42.3
I did not have it at first, and then after a trip to the US it showed up and I have used it in Canada successfully.
Worked all the way from Niagara Falls to home (near Kitchener, on).
I was hoping it would stay, but the following morning it was gone. :(

Had the same thing happen, came back tonight so I'll check if it's gone tomorrow morning.