Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on autopilot not in Canada? 2018.42

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Owners Club says 49.12.1 is not needed to have NOA, that the geofencing has been removed. My X is on 48.12.1 and I don’t see NOA. Have others on 48 seen NOA appear? Maybe a reboot would refresh location... Just afraid to do that in case it is downloading 49. Thoughts?

I don't know what is was but was not imipressed
- did not take HOV lane, though I did enable that
- it kept behind any vehicle, not one suggestion of changing lanes. It just followed the car in front with its low speed for ages. I had it in Mad Max mode and traffic was light
- it did take the exit which was nice
- on my return I got a message "Due to poor whether Navigate on Autopilot is restricted" it was raining hard. The restriction meant that I basically had to do everything by myself. It did not take the exit.

I was thinking that it might had something to do with calibration, though I was on the Highway for at leas 40 km.

I didn't get it until 49.12.1 on my MX, but also it says it needs to update the map for it to be enabled, but it's showing no progress in downloading the map... realizing there's no progress bar, but because of how my car is parked, I'm tethering my car to the ipad and haven't seen that huge spike in data usage I'd expect from a new map.

I didn't get it until 49.12.1 on my MX, but also it says it needs to update the map for it to be enabled, but it's showing no progress in downloading the map... realizing there's no progress bar, but because of how my car is parked, I'm tethering my car to the ipad and haven't seen that huge spike in data usage I'd expect from a new map.

Same here. Reboots didn’t make NOA show up on my MX with 48 but 49.12.1 showed up last night and voila! Got NOA.

Has anyone noticed that while on NOA it prompts to apply a force on the wheel more often than EAP? I finally used it for a short highway trip and it felt like it was prompting me sometimes to double check I'm there like 10 sec later! The way I hold the wheel I usually don't get prompted at all on EAP so this really stood out to me and my kids even asked what's that blue on the screen haha.

Stay safe out there! Merry Christmas.

Has anyone noticed that while on NOA it prompts to apply a force on the wheel more often than EAP? I finally used it for a short highway trip and it felt like it was prompting me sometimes to double check I'm there like 10 sec later! The way I hold the wheel I usually don't get prompted at all on EAP so this really stood out to me and my kids even asked what's that blue on the screen haha.

Stay safe out there! Merry Christmas.
I was about to mention the same thing. I have noticed the same behaviour with an increase in nags while using NoA.
I have also noticed AP is more sensitive, not as tight as before the NoA update. When taking the DVP the last few days, there were a few occasions I had to take over because it took a few bends a little wide. When taking the northbound DVP exit at Woodbine, NoA slowed down from 120km\h to almost 50km\h...luckily no one was immediately being me. The other thing I have found is the car struggles to keep pace with the vehicle in front, and has to use regen\speed up slightly to keep pace. You can actually feel the deceleration\acceleration as it is trying to keep pace.

Maybe all I've mentioned will get smoothed out with recalibration of AP or with more kms driven with NoA in the GTA.

The NoA is nice to have and I can see benefit in long distance travel whereby the traffic on the highway is lighter. On 401, 427, it is not as dependable as I wish it would. Take the bend too wide, slow down drastically for no reason, ask it to change lane and it doesn't do it, or stay in merge lane too long.

When there is too many traffic I don't feel comfortable in doing NoA. At over $6000, it's something I can live without for now.

Reactions: Techniques
I tried it and frankly don't really care for it, EAP works well without it.
It doesn't change lanes automatically, a little jerky at times and the interchanges are way too slow.
To me, I would suggest a mode that reads other cars blinkers and adjust to leave room for them to merge in front of you. this is especially true when on slow lane and cars on on ramp trying to merge

MX with 48.12.1, showed up yesterday part way through the day. Only used once and it was pretty smooth. Did notice that on one stretch of the drive we were on a divided highway section and it wouldn't give me the option, which turned out to be a good thing since there's a new roundabout on that stretch, which was finally part of the map, but the blue line on the navigation screen would have put it through the roundabout in the wrong direction. Wonder if it's following it's own blue line or using other logic to decide?

My question is anyone tried NoA could tell me the behavior on 401. Will it merge to express or stay on collector according to the traffic? Will it exit to express smoothly.
from my experience amazingly yes, travelling East from the 409, first it went from collectors on to the express lanes, then further to the far left passing lane, then when the Bayview exit was coming up it navigated to the Avenue rd collector exit and then lane after lane then turned on the turn indicator and automatically exited (Bayview). i thought it will never get over to the exit in time, but it did perfectly, and there was the usual lot of traffic.

from my experience amazingly yes, travelling East from the 409, first it went from collectors on to the express lanes, then further to the far left passing lane, then when the Bayview exit was coming up it navigated to the Avenue rd collector exit and then lane after lane then turned on the turn indicator and automatically exited (Bayview). i thought it will never get over to the exit in time, but it did perfectly, and there was the usual lot of traffic.

How about travel from North 404 HOV lane and merge to 401 west?, will it use correct lane to travel? (I believe the I need turn on the HOV on Nav).

tried NOA several times on 404 (steeles to major mackenzie). just before 407, it kept suggesting to go inner lane, if you don’t, it will slow down dramatically, any one experience this? but, automatically exit highway was really cooool!