Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot on by default?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does ‘on’ mean? We used it today and we had to tap on the NoA button. ‘Normal’ AP started and NoA took effect (single line) when we got to the highway ramp.

So, can you clarify? It’s alwaus been an option if you used a highway, as far as I know.

What does ‘on’ mean? We used it today and we had to tap on the NoA button. ‘Normal’ AP started and NoA took effect (single line) when we got to the highway ramp.

So, can you clarify? It’s alwaus been an option if you used a highway, as far as I know.
I've noticed that the NoA button turns blue automatically. I used to have to press it every drive to enable.

I've noticed that the NoA button turns blue automatically. I used to have to press it every drive to enable.
From my memory blue means it’s available. There is no ‘get ready’ sequence. If the car is ready you tap the button to use it on the current trip.

So, it’s one tap, period. Enter the destination, Tap it, and then start AP. What are you saying is different from before?

If you’re saying every Nav AP trip is automatically NoA, we haven’t seen that.

From my memory blue means it’s available. There is no ‘get ready’ sequence. If the car is ready you tap the button to use it on the current trip.

So, it’s one tap, period. Enter the destination, Tap it, and then start AP. What are you saying is different from before?

If you’re saying every Nav AP trip is automatically NoA, we haven’t seen that.
Yes on by default. Clicking it again greys it out.

It makes sense. They're clearly trying to make the push toward FSD. This release or another 5.x release also brought the tap to delay lane change. With these features, it makes it more likely that they're getting ready for the car to be able to make its lane changes sans confirmation.

FSD here on 2019.5.15 and I had to manually turn it on last time. Will keep an eye on it next time.
I also have 5.15 and have to turn it on every time.
This picture has been floating around and is from a early access user. Good chance one or more of these settings will show up in a public build in the future.
NoA Beta Settings.PNG