Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot On & Offramp Issues - M31at A9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be interested to hear from any other Tesla owners who have successfully or unsuccessfully used NoA at any on or off-ramp for the Hume Highway (M31) at Narellan Rd (A9 - Blairmount/Mount Annan, NSW). I'm attempting to create a detailed report to send to Tesla, so they can fix the issues there. Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.43.34 am.png

The problem with off-ramps and NOA is related to the outdated navigation data in AUS ATM, not really in the software version of NOA itself. New roads, inaccurate existing road data etc all account for various problems with NOA not handling the hwy exits and transfer lanes properly. Of all the NOA problems, my favorite is to watch it try to launch me into an emergency parking lane just prior to my hwy exit - 'tis great for the heart (happens on the same ones every time, yet handles other fine every time). Last navigation data release was mid-last year, so it's well overdue for a new release. IMO there's no point emailing them, just use NOA and abort the situation using the steering wheel and they should take notice there's a problem on that exit and rectify on the next navigation data release.

The problem with off-ramps and NOA is related to the outdated navigation data in AUS ATM, not really in the software version of NOA itself. New roads, inaccurate existing road data etc all account for various problems with NOA not handling the hwy exits and transfer lanes properly. Of all the NOA problems, my favorite is to watch it try to launch me into an emergency parking lane just prior to my hwy exit - 'tis great for the heart (happens on the same ones every time, yet handles other fine every time). Last navigation data release was mid-last year, so it's well overdue for a new release. IMO there's no point emailing them, just use NOA and abort the situation using the steering wheel and they should take notice there's a problem on that exit and rectify on the next navigation data release.

The area round me - a built-out retirement village - is according to the map uninhabited scrubland! (Satellite view). Yet as I drive in NOA it tells me to turn into mythical roads.

If NOA does indeed rely on mapping Musk has a much much bigger problem outside California than he realises!