Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on AutoPilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD, MY LR. 2020.48.30. I have autopilot set for all trips. Drove Hwy 60 through Phoenix today, initiated autopilot (two down taps). The display still showed the two lanes on the side, not the single blue line from the center front of the car, wheel icon turned blue. Autopilot did not take the exit ramp, nor move me over to prepare for it. All other features, auto lane change etc. worked fine. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

AP did not classify the road as a full freeway, so NoA did not engage (and would disengage if you drove from a freeway onto it). If the road in question IS a freeway this may be a map error.

you should also check the Navigate on Autopilot button (top left of map) is on (blue) in case you tapped it by mistake.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
AP did not classify the road as a full freeway, so NoA did not engage (and would disengage if you drove from a freeway onto it). If the road in question IS a freeway this may be a map error.

you should also check the Navigate on Autopilot button (top left of map) is on (blue) in case you tapped it by mistake.

6-8 lane divided highway, should be classified as a freeway - how can I determine if it is? (The button is always blue)

I have FSD, MY LR. 2020.48.30. I have autopilot set for all trips. Drove Hwy 60 through Phoenix today, initiated autopilot (two down taps). The display still showed the two lanes on the side, not the single blue line from the center front of the car, wheel icon turned blue. Autopilot did not take the exit ramp, nor move me over to prepare for it. All other features, auto lane change etc. worked fine. Have I missed a setting somewhere?
NoA requires a destination to be set in the navigation system and it actively providing navigation directions. And you have to tap the navigate on autopilot button at the top of the direction list to make it blue (if you don’t have the setting set to always on).

20210114_132329.jpg
20210114_132329.jpg 20210114_132329.jpg
Notice the step with the blue steering wheel. It indicates that I was on part of a trip that is NoA capable, i.e. US-95. NoA will terminate when it exit to Jones Blvd.

Not all "Freeways" are capable yet. Before US-95 I was on 215 which technically is a freeway but not on NoA.

View attachment 627697 View attachment 627697 View attachment 627697
Notice the step with the blue steering wheel. It indicates that I was on part of a trip that is NoA capable, i.e. US-95. NoA will terminate when it exit to Jones Blvd.

Not all "Freeways" are capable yet. Before US-95 I was on 215 which technically is a freeway but not on NoA.
Ah, yeah that should work. It won’t work on Jones blvd though. Only on 95. I know you know that...I have family who live in southwest Vegas so familiar with where you were.