Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot rollout in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOA is utterly useless right now, partly due to the EU guidelines.. On a moderately busy freeway, 95% of launch changes are suggested when not possible or get rejected halfway. You constantly need to micromanage and correct the system. Lots of phantom braking right now.

Agree. NoA is useless and so is AP now. Can't do lane chances on roads other than highways any more. The emergency lane keeping feature is annoying (pulls me back in my lane when I cross the lines on purpose). The overtake feature that requires manual input is completely useless

I want 2019.12 back.

Hi,
I just got 2019.16.3.2 installed on my Belgian Model 3P.

And it has Autopilot :)

NOA2.jpg

I will test later today!

NoA available also in Switzerland with 2019.16.3.2

I tested late last night (avoiding traffic) and I must say that, although very exciting, the thing seems kind of half baked for this part of the world. I hope it will quickly get better as people start using it.

You need to pay much more attention that when using regular AP.

NoA forces you to keep track of the road ahead, keep track of the IC for lane change announcements, keep track of surrounding traffic so that you can confirm (or not) the proposed lane change, you need to confirm the lane change with the turn indicator and you need to keep applying force to the wheel because of the nagging every 15 seconds.

I hope it gets easier whit use...

NoA available also in Switzerland with 2019.16.3.2

I tested late last night (avoiding traffic) and I must say that, although very exciting, the thing seems kind of half baked for this part of the world. I hope it will quickly get better as people start using it.

You need to pay much more attention that when using regular AP.

NoA forces you to keep track of the road ahead, keep track of the IC for lane change announcements, keep track of surrounding traffic so that you can confirm (or not) the proposed lane change, you need to confirm the lane change with the turn indicator and you need to keep applying force to the wheel because of the nagging every 15 seconds.

I hope it gets easier whit use...
Just returning from a little ride between Basel and Zürich. It's just amazing how good it works (for a beta version). But it's true you must pay more attention as for EAP. But I still have doubt when driving at off-ramp. In Brugg on-ramp, the EAP was able to manage a 275° turn at 40 km/h (impressed) with no problem :) Another point, when entering a long tunnel, NoA switch to EAP and come back when leaving the tunnel ! NoA still runs in 5 km tunnels.

Last edited:
Just returning from a little ride between Basel and Zürich. It's just amazing how good it works (for a beta version). But it's true you must pay more attention as for EAP. But I still have doubt when driving at off-ramp. In Brugg on-ramp, the EAP was able to manage a 275° turn at 40 km/h (impressed) with no problem :)
I'm going out again later today for a new (longer) test.

The off-ramp actually surprised me last night because there's an almost-90-degree right turn at the and of the ramp I usually take to go back home. And the thing did it all by itself! (just like the video posted somewhere by a Canadian user).

Reactions: PatrickCH4313
I had NoA available in 2019.16.2 some two weeks ago when I was on holiday in Spain. It reported that "NoA was not available in my region" so only after returning back to NL I was able to use it. I now wonder, since others in Belgium and Switzerland are also getting NoA if the feature now does allow usage in other countries then the home country......

Hi everyone, I think most people agree that NOA is pretty crippled in the EU. I just gave the following feedback at [email protected]:

====
Since 2019.16.x the lance change assist aborts if it cannot change lanes within 5 seconds due to Tesla conforming to UN/ECE R79 which states that a driving assist feature should not blink very long.

This makes the Navigate on Autopilot feature in combination with Lane Change Confirmations/Assist pretty useless on (Dutch) highways with moderate/regular traffic.

It would be better is you could PULL the Autopilot stalk once to confirm the lane change. This way, after confirmation, Autopilot should NOT use the blinker but use its 360 view to wait for the appropriate moment to change lanes and when there is a gap to then blink and move within 5 seconds.

On the Model 3 confirmation could be done by tapping the right stalk once, set the car in D which it already is.
====

It you think this is a good idea I would please suggest that you send the same feedback to Tesla at [email protected] and maybe also your local SeC to have them forward this feature suggestion.

• Informative
Reactions: cizUK and Tastee
Any Spanish Tesla user please update when NoA is available WITHOUT lane confirmation (for Model X).

Until then, I am staying in 2019.12.1.2.

Well, without lane confirmation is nowhere in EU :). So lets start seeing that activated anywhere. I guess almost impossbiel with HW2.5 as the roads here are so congested. I think we will only be getting it with HW3+ in EUR because of this.