Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how do i enable this? I got 42.2 but can’t figure out how to switch this on.

You need to call roadside assistance. Option 2, option 2 again (AP issues). I am in the same predicament. Tesla Roadside Assistance has escalated the issue to the engineering department. The representative confirmed it is due to missing maps data. I was told to keep the car connected to wifi and expect an update to be pushed in the next few days.

My car, Elise, is a 11/2016 P100DL with EAP and FSD

Wondering if this is somehow related to the issue.

My 2017 S90D has had .42 for two days now. Driven over 80 AP miles a mix of highway and surface streets. Still at 98% calibration for Navigate on AP. It started at 95%, then went up and down between 97% and 98% and now seems to be stuck at 98%. Hoping it finishes calibrating soon.

. It started at 95%, then went up and down between 97% and 98% and now seems to be stuck at 98%. Hoping it finishes calibrating soon.

Same here. Had it for 4 days now and same problem. I'm stuck at 98%, occasionally down to 97% and up to 99%. Been doing a mix of city and highway driving both day and night. Can't seem to get it to 100%. Tried a MCU reset, powered down, etc. I called tesla support who said their logs show its in still calibrating but can't do much more than recommend a MCU reboot and more driving.

• Informative
Reactions: dragoljub
Same here. Had it for 4 days now and same problem. I'm stuck at 98%, occasionally down to 97% and up to 99%. Been doing a mix of city and highway driving both day and night. Can't seem to get it to 100%. Tried a MCU reset, powered down, etc. I called tesla support who said their logs show its in still calibrating but can't do much more than recommend a MCU reboot and more driving.
Where are you guys seeing these percentages? Do you have to have the NoA option in Settings to be able to see it? Right now, I don't even have the option available even though I'm on 42.2 so I don't see anything about calibration %.

If you have HW2+, purchased EAP, got 42.2, and still do not have NoA:

1. You do not have the most recent maps (only sent via WiFi -- known to be 7-8GB (it will keep downloading the maps over and over without successful installation if the file is corrupted). There is no way, short of root access, to know if you've got the latest maps. Sorry. Just sit on wifi until this problem is resolved. Do some searching on this forum if your wifi isn't properly configured (some devices are known not to play nicely with a Tesla and can boot the car off the network or otherwise interfere, I recommend setting up a guest wifi network or a repeater just for the car like I did).
2. You haven't driven enough highway mileage with clear lane markings to calibrate all cameras. Make sure your cameras are clean -- the backup camera is notoriously prone to being too dirty to calibrate. Should your car continue to fail calibration it could be that there is camera misalignment that cannot be corrected without service intervention. The NoA option lists the calibration %, if this option isn't there it is likely you do not have the maps.
3. You are located outside the US -- the feature is currently geofenced to the US.

Maybe there is another reason, but that's all I have seen.

I got 42.3 today. Picked up my car from SC (I had done the update remotely.)
Drove down the road, and 2 miles later got the notification it was ready to use.
Pulled off the freeway, put the car in park, enabled it.
Now when driving on navigation, there is a blue button to enable NOA.
Then you get a blue line in front of the car when you drive.

Apparently there is a bug in the update according to tesla support. My issue was escalated to the engineers and looks like there are a handful of ppl affected by this. The lady I talked to couldn’t give any updates when this will be fixed. She was as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle...

• Informative
Reactions: dragoljub