Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently there is a bug in the update according to tesla support. My issue was escalated to the engineers and looks like there are a handful of ppl affected by this. The lady I talked to couldn’t give any updates when this will be fixed. She was as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle...

More than a handful it seems.

For the first time ever, my service center failed to respond to an email within 24 hours. Kinda bummed by that as a sign of the changing times.

• Informative
Reactions: Parris
how do i enable this? I got 42.2 but can’t figure out how to switch this on.
I figured it out yesterday as I couldn’t get it to work either. First tap the map to bring up map legend with the globe, traffic light and chargers icons. Select the traffic light to turn on traffic information and viola when you start navigating there will be another button that says, “Navigate on Autopilot” and that’s it. I tried it yesterday and it scared the bejezus out of me! LOL!

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG.
When I upgraded my MS, at first it was not a list option, then after driving around for a day or so, I got a pop up that said, "Camera calibration completed Navigation on Autopliot available in settings." Possible that it is still going through a calibration period?

I figured it out yesterday as I couldn’t get it to work either. First tap the map to bring up map legend with the globe, traffic light and chargers icons. Select the traffic light to turn on traffic information and viola when you start navigating there will be another button that says, “Navigate on Autopilot” and that’s it. I tried it yesterday and it scared the bejezus out of me! LOL!
If safe can you post a picture

If safe can you post a picture
Yes. When I get a moment I’ll post a video of the steps I took to enable it. I’m curious as to why I never got the message that my cameras were being calibrated. After the 9.0 firmware update my IP began showing all of the cars and traffic around me in Real Time. Either they didn’t need calibration (it worked just fine on the Florida Turnpike) or there is a problem I’m unaware of, just beginning to show itself.

I updated to 42.2 19e7e44 8 days ago and had no navigate on autopilot feature. I waited a while to see if it would get added after a calibration period, but nope. I ended up emailing Tesla about it and someone from Mobile Service called me after a few days (I thought it was nice of them to call so I didn't have to wait on hold forever). After looking at my car's set up, he tried to tell me that Nav on Autopilot wouldn't work on AP HW 2.0 and was only for 2.5. I'm hoping he was just uninformed and not straight up lying to me. Either way, it's a disappointing response from someone who should know what they're doing. After politely pointing out that his answer was wrong, he looked a while longer and finally said that there's a newer firmware version that he can push me that should solve the issue. We'll see...

I updated to 42.2 19e7e44 8 days ago and had no navigate on autopilot feature. I waited a while to see if it would get added after a calibration period, but nope. I ended up emailing Tesla about it and someone from Mobile Service called me after a few days (I thought it was nice of them to call so I didn't have to wait on hold forever). After looking at my car's set up, he tried to tell me that Nav on Autopilot wouldn't work on AP HW 2.0 and was only for 2.5. I'm hoping he was just uninformed and not straight up lying to me. Either way, it's a disappointing response from someone who should know what they're doing. After politely pointing out that his answer was wrong, he looked a while longer and finally said that there's a newer firmware version that he can push me that should solve the issue. We'll see...
You do not need a new firmware version for NoA. I had this same problem. The issue is an outdated map pack. Have the Mobile tech manually load the latest map pack and NoA will magically be there. I had the new map pack loaded this morning at the SC and now I have NoA. I'm on 42.2 also.

Yeah, I figured the firmware update wouldn't help and in fact it didn't - setting is still not there. Does the mobile tech have to be on location to manually push the map pack or can it be done remotely? He previously said that their system shows that the new maps were successfully downloaded and I should have it loaded but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case and there's an issue. Thanks.

Yeah, I figured the firmware update wouldn't help and in fact it didn't - setting is still not there. Does the mobile tech have to be on location to manually push the map pack or can it be done remotely? He previously said that their system shows that the new maps were successfully downloaded and I should have it loaded but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case and there's an issue. Thanks.
AFAIK, the Ranger or SC would need to load it directly to the car and not remotely. If they said that the maps were downloaded you should already have the NoA option. Maybe try powering off the car, wait 5 mins, then back on. If that does not work, try calling support again and have then check your map version again. According to my SC Invoice, the current map version is NA-180906-1605. At least that is what was loaded into my MS this morning.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Just to close this out, Mobile Service came today and got NOA to work. It wasn’t easy tho. The tech (who was awesome!) loaded one map version and it didn’t work. Then he realized there was a newer one, had to download it and load it. Took forever. That originally didn’t work, which led to him calling engineering. They tried to feed him the same only compatible on AP 2.5 crap, which I told him was BS. He was nice enough to call another coworker, who recommended he disconnect the 12-volt battery to force the car off. When it came back in after reconnecting, NAO option was there. All told, took about 1.5 hours.

Few takeaways:
- I can’t say enough on how great the tech was. He spent a long time and went above and beyond to figure it out for me. He also answered all of my random questions about the car, UI, etc.
- The folks who do the scheduling don’t communicate well. I had asked for windshield wiper fluid to be brought since I’m low. Never made it to the work order. Not a big deal, but still annoying.
- The techs/support people don’t get enough information about updates, new features, etc. They have to do their own research and dig through conflicting information and responses from their team. The people supporting and fixing issues with the cars should not be less informed than the customers. Hopefully their internal information sharing will improve over time as it is a big inefficiency currently.

A follow up for me too. :)

Finally, last night my car downloaded 2018.48.1 and I took it out for a 15 mile drive. It calibrated and there is no more issue for me with enabling NAV on AP.

More importantly the 2018.48.1 release seems to be noticeably smoother on freeway and windy curvy roads. Great upgrade! Very happy I did not need to take it into service to get the cameras calibrated and Maps download. Remote Updates FTW.