Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2023.12.9 update appears to show navigate on autopilot as an added feature. “Your vehicle is now equipped with Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Autosteer (Beta), and Navigate on Autopilot (Beta).” I don’t see it anywhere in the controls . Am I missing something?

Thanks

You need to have either the Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) or Full Self Driving (FSD) options for that feature.

Bruce.
Wait, are you saying that "Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Autosteer (Beta)" needs a subscription like EAP or FSD? Aren't those part of the standard autopilot for everyone?

Mine is on 3-months free FSD that i hate and am anxious to see what regular autopilot only looks like.

Wait, are you saying that "Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Autosteer (Beta)" needs a subscription like EAP or FSD? Aren't those part of the standard autopilot for everyone?

Mine is on 3-months free FSD that i hate and am anxious to see what regular autopilot only looks like.

No, I didn't say that. I said "Nav on Autopilot" needs EAP or FSD. You should be able to do TACC with or without Autosteer with the base Autopilot functionality. (not at my car, don't have the exact wording)

Nav on Autopilot is a toggle in the Autopilot settings screen that you get access to if you're doing Autosteer in a car that has either EAP or FSD capabilities.

Bruce.

No, I didn't say that. I said "Nav on Autopilot" needs EAP or FSD. You should be able to do TACC with or without Autosteer with the base Autopilot functionality. (not at my car, don't have the exact wording)

Nav on Autopilot is a toggle in the Autopilot settings screen that you get access to if you're doing Autosteer in a car that has either EAP or FSD capabilities.

Bruce.
Thank you!. Do u have any idea why MS cars would it also say "beta" for autosteer even when the car does NOT have FSD? Kinda weird it would also say Autosteer Beta on a the regular autopilot...
From what u r saying, seems like Autopilot drives as good as FSD (at least for lane centering) which is all what I need. Is that right? I hate when the vehicle changes lanes for me and if so why do i even need EAP or FSD.. Just wish I could try regular AP and remove the FSD 3-months trial to get a feeling/confirmation of whether AP is as good as FSD in terms of just staying in the lane in the city or highway including some lane curves

Thank you!. Do u have any idea why MS cars would it also say "beta" for autosteer even when the car does NOT have FSD? Kinda weird it would also say Autosteer Beta on a the regular autopilot...
From what u r saying, seems like Autopilot drives as good as FSD (at least for lane centering) which is all what I need. Is that right? I hate when the vehicle changes lanes for me and if so why do i even need EAP or FSD.. Just wish I could try regular AP and remove the FSD 3-months trial to get a feeling/confirmation of whether AP is as good as FSD in terms of just staying in the lane in the city or highway including some lane curves

Autosteer and Autopilot have been in beta since October 2015.

It sounds like you just want TACC+Autosteer (beta). So select that on the Autopilot settings screen. Also turn off Nav on Autopilot if you had it on before. For freeway driving that's going to give you ALMOST the same as what you would get with basic autopilot (no EAP or FSD). That gives you basic lanekeeping and traffic-aware cruise control on highways.

Bruce.

Autosteer and Autopilot have been in beta since October 2015.

It sounds like you just want TACC+Autosteer (beta). So select that on the Autopilot settings screen. Also turn off Nav on Autopilot if you had it on before. For freeway driving that's going to give you ALMOST the same as what you would get with basic autopilot (no EAP or FSD). That gives you basic lanekeeping and traffic-aware cruise control on highways.

Bruce.
If that’s the case, maan… regualr AP Autosteer Beta is so good!! Am just worried it was going to get worse once my FSD free-3-monthsa are removed assuming FSD behind the scene makes auto-steer better