Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation 3D view??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed yesterday that while navigating to a destination the view switches to 3D, but while no destination is set, it's stuck in 2D.

I can't find any such option in the navigation section of the UI... I'd like to have it set to always be in 3D view. Does anyone know of a way to do that??

3D? Do you mean satellite view? There isn't a 3D mode like a lot of other GPS units have, as far as I know. Or maybe there is and i've missed it until now? As far as I understand, there's a north up, a heading up, and satellite versions of those also, and that's it.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
It does a visual trick where it looks like the map is tilted sometimes when using the navi (after owning a vehicle that had true 3d maps of major cities I wouldn't call it 3d though). I have no idea how to force that view during non-navi driving, if that's what you're referring to.

Yes, that's it. I noticed it while navigation was on... it's like it tilted down, and the best way I could describe it is 3D view.

If you have Android (not sure if this works on iOS), go into Google maps and swipe up with two fingers...it gives you more of a 3D view. That's what the Tesla nav did while navigating, but it switched right back to 2D when we reached the destination. We should be able to force/lock it into 3D view... IMO it looks much cooler. :cool:

Reactions: New_Old_Stock