TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation - Adding multiple Work favorites

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bob_p, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

I regularly work at two locations.

Has anyone figured out how to add a second Work favorite location?

There's an "EDIT" button on the Favorites list - but that only appears to allow deletion of favorites - not editing existing favorites (such as renaming or identifying a destination as "Work").

Haven't found any place in the manual that explains this...

2. bradc

bradc Member

Search for your desired location. When you see it on the map, click the "heart-plus" icon to save it as a favorite. You'll be prompted for a name, and then you'll be access it by name under "Recent" or "Favorites."

3. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Home and Work are special - and are placed at the top - and are supposed to be treated differently by the navigation software to offer commute advice (haven't seen that yet).

Has anyone been able to add a 2nd Work location?

4. Olen

Olen Member

That logic is flawed anyway, and should be changed to a better way of sorting way points.
    It makes no sense to me to add a "work" location as I never drive to work (it is just a few minutes away from home). I'd rather like to add a couple of other favourites to stay at top and be treated special. Like places we often go to in the weekends, or friends and family we visit on a regular basis.