TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Navigation bug for journey with multiple superschargers?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bjornl, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bjornl

bjornl New Member

Today I tried to navigate to a location that requires several charging stops, nothing special about that.

As you can see in the first picture, several chargers are available along the route north along the cost, which we have taken before.
    IMG_8453_mindre.JPG

However, once the car has finished calculating the route the more northern chargers disappears and the navigation states that "No superchargers available within range of destination".
    IMG_8454_mindre.JPG

The car is at software version 2017.28 c528869.

Anyone else who had this issue?

• Like x 1
  2. Okampa

Okampa New Member

Same issue here. Only the first SC is calculated and all others that are needed to get to destination are not taken into account. Version 8.1

3. bjornl

bjornl New Member

Sounds like an actual bug then. The issue was automatically solved from me when I tried it from another location. I will try again from the location where I first noticed it to see if this persists.

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

There is another bug with the current software when you plot a route when you have barely enough charge to reach your destination, and skip a charging stop.

The route will ignore the supercharger - and route directly to your destination initially.

Then as you drive, and the projected range starts dropping due to driving conditions (faster speed, elevation, wind, rain, ...), the software will start asking you to slow down to stretch your charge enough to reach you destination without charging.

I've given up on waiting for it to recalculate the route and add the supercharger - and instead when we hit this situation, I'll bring up the superchargers on the map and manually select a charger on our route - and when we reach that charger, re-enter our destination so we can get advice on how long to stay at the charger.

• Like x 1
  5. JFoX

JFoX Member

Exactly the same issue (and sw version for me). Route from north to south of France included only 1st SC. Unfortunately, the return trip planning, done from south, has the same issue...