Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation bug for journey with multiple superschargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I tried to navigate to a location that requires several charging stops, nothing special about that.

As you can see in the first picture, several chargers are available along the route north along the cost, which we have taken before.
IMG_8453_mindre.JPG

However, once the car has finished calculating the route the more northern chargers disappears and the navigation states that "No superchargers available within range of destination".
IMG_8454_mindre.JPG

The car is at software version 2017.28 c528869.

Anyone else who had this issue?

Reactions: DavidB
There is another bug with the current software when you plot a route when you have barely enough charge to reach your destination, and skip a charging stop.

The route will ignore the supercharger - and route directly to your destination initially.

Then as you drive, and the projected range starts dropping due to driving conditions (faster speed, elevation, wind, rain, ...), the software will start asking you to slow down to stretch your charge enough to reach you destination without charging.

I've given up on waiting for it to recalculate the route and add the supercharger - and instead when we hit this situation, I'll bring up the superchargers on the map and manually select a charger on our route - and when we reach that charger, re-enter our destination so we can get advice on how long to stay at the charger.

Reactions: DavidB
However, once the car has finished calculating the route the more northern chargers disappears and the navigation states that "No superchargers available within range of destination".

The car is at software version 2017.28 c528869.

Anyone else who had this issue?

Exactly the same issue (and sw version for me). Route from north to south of France included only 1st SC. Unfortunately, the return trip planning, done from south, has the same issue...