Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to trip total time and mileage feature? Now if you plan a trip with Navigation it does not display the total mileage or total time estimated? Elon, who made this decision! This was a great feature planning a trip! How about restoring the trip total feature! Tesla is starting to build a wave of antagonism towards Tesla! It may be time to break out the tar,feathers, pitchforks along with a rail, just saying!

@moa999 there is only the arrival soc and the round trip info...but not the total km or total driving time (including sc stops)...as soon there are sc stops or waypoints added this information seems not available anymore? This is a HUGE step back in the wrong direction, this information is key for any long trip! Anyone have information on this topic? Cheers

Upvote 0
@moa999 there is only the arrival soc and the round trip info...but not the total km or total driving time (including sc stops)...as soon there are sc stops or waypoints added this information seems not available anymore? This is a HUGE step back in the wrong direction, this information is key for any long trip! Anyone have information on this topic? Cheers
On which software version are you.
With the latest software update (2022.12.3.1), I still have all these informations when planning a long trip.

Nav to Nantes 001.jpegNav to Nantes 002.jpeg

Upvote 0
Looking at the first screen you got the EAT at the 1st Supercharger Beaune (12:56) after 290 km of drive and you have the EAT for each Supercharger on the route and the EAT at your final destination (20:00). it's fine for me. It's like a multi segment navigation (to each supercharger).

If you want the all route displayed with the informations you mentioned, you have to unselect the option "Routenplannner" in the settings or the option "Supercharger-Stopps entfernen" on the Navigation page.

Routenplaner.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Patrick, I'm guessing that since you are from CH, you probably speak german;) for forums sake I will keep my writing in english..First off, thank you for your answer, I know about this possibility of removing SC stops but this renders the trip planning "useless" in my opinion. Another example: Let's say you want to do multiple waypoints within reach of your SOC, with the current SW it is not possible anymore to calculate the total trip distance and the time it will take automatically. This used to be possible with the 2021.44.6.
In the past I could always rely on the Tesla Nav when navigating to Bremen for example, the nav calculated a total travel time (including SC stops) of approx 10hr15min, showing all the single steps and the time left to arrive there, not just the ETA..to know how many more KM are ahead of you is an important piece of information in my opinion..why would Tesla remove this information I'm wondering, hope they fix this in a future update. Do you see where I'm getting with this? Has anyone else also noticed this change? Cheers

Upvote 0
On this general topic I am a new Tesla owner and taking my first trip where I want to plug in routes and stops the night before I leave and before I have fully charged my Y for tomorrow. The navigation is deciding charging stops based on my current 50% SOC not the 95% SOC I will have tomorrow morning. Is there a way to plan navigation based on a hypothetical SOC using the Tesla navigation tool. I know I can use ABRP but think Tesla navigation may give me better estimates of mountain driving with elevation changes.

Upvote 0
On this general topic I am a new Tesla owner and taking my first trip where I want to plug in routes and stops the night before I leave and before I have fully charged my Y for tomorrow. The navigation is deciding charging stops based on my current 50% SOC not the 95% SOC I will have tomorrow morning. Is there a way to plan navigation based on a hypothetical SOC using the Tesla navigation tool. I know I can use ABRP but think Tesla navigation may give me better estimates of mountain driving with elevation changes.
You might try the web version of Tesla's planner. I don't know how good it is, though. For us down under, it is here: Go Anywhere | Tesla

Upvote 0