Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation commands do not silence media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When i have the radio on and using navigation when the navigation issues a command the radio does not mute while the navigation is speaking. Is that something I have to set in the vehicle or is that suppose to be automatic. I have had the car since Jan 2021 and just am so impressed but this is something I have not had an issue with in any other car.
Any Suggestions on how to fix this?

There is no setting for this, and it actually will lower the volume of your media, IF your media is loud enough. Currently the car decides when to do that, and it seems to be based on how loud you have your media.

Try it next time, turn up your media to an uncomfortable (to you) level and turn on navigation. Unless something has recently changed, it will lower the volume. This just means that you dont listen normally at a loud enough level for the car to turn it down.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Upvote 0
There is no setting for this, and it actually will lower the volume of your media, IF your media is loud enough. Currently the car decides when to do that, and it seems to be based on how loud you have your media.

Try it next time, turn up your media to an uncomfortable (to you) level and turn on navigation. Unless something has recently changed, it will lower the volume. This just means that you dont listen normally at a loud enough level for the car to turn it down.

Thanks - Ill give it a try. We dont have it on too loud so will up the volume and test it

Upvote 0

I just tested the radio with Vol at about 3/4 max and when Nav said a command there was no change in radio Vol. I did find 2 other threads about the same issue. Seems this is an ongoing problem but from reading the posts it doesn't seem like a consistent problem in every car. Navigation talks over Audio and Navigation and radio volume fight.
I just don't see any setting in Navigation or Media to turn this on or off. I check again

Upvote 0
There isnt any setting that I am aware of. It (used to) work on my car when I turned the radio up loud enough but I dont normally listen to it loud enough to trigger it. During one of the last times it came up, I checked my car and it still worked (nav lowered media volume if media volume was loud). That was last year sometime though.

I will check again next time I go out, but that may be a bit.

Upvote 0