Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Data NA-2020 48-12628

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason, my download has been stuck near 100% for 4 days. Double scroll wheel reset doesn't help. Connecting to a different Wi-Fi doesn't help. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 16073996085358661192660857944170.jpg
    16073996085358661192660857944170.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 253
For some reason, my download has been stuck near 100% for 4 days. Double scroll wheel reset doesn't help. Connecting to a different Wi-Fi doesn't help. Thoughts?
My firmware update has done the same immediately following the last firmware install. I scheduled a service appt with the details - hoping they can fix it remotely once they look at the appt request.

My firmware update has done the same immediately following the last firmware install. I scheduled a service appt with the details - hoping they can fix it remotely once they look at the appt request.

The update is stuck, Jedanielee... you'll need to make an appointment via the app. Let them know in the notes that you believe the update is stuck. Sometimes the customer service reps can fix it remotely which is usually waaay faster than getting an actual appointment or a mobile tech to come out.

I noticed something very interesting with the maps a couple of weeks ago. Like I said earlier, there is a new on ramp near work that isn't on the map. However, when using the navigation, it routes you through the new on ramp! So it seems like the nav data and the map data are not the same thing and nav doesn't rely on the map.

The update is stuck, Jedanielee... you'll need to make an appointment via the app. Let them know in the notes that you believe the update is stuck. Sometimes the customer service reps can fix it remotely which is usually waaay faster than getting an actual appointment or a mobile tech to come out.

I had online chat fix a stuck update earlier this year.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matsayz

Yeah, I did create a service appointment - interesting that the messaging system has moved in-app now! Moments after scheduling, I was notified that 2020.48.10 update was available. I went ahead and installed the update and there the map download issue disappeared. A few days later, I was contacted by Tesla Virtual Service Diagnostic, who confirmed my map update successfully completed and canceled my service appointment.

What’s the latest version everyone is on? There should have been at least one update since this.

I can’t speak for Tesla, but a lot of auto manufacturers just get the raw data from other third party map data wholesalers and sell it as their own in whatever format; ie over air download, cabled downlaod to car at dealer service, SD cards in plastic retail box installed by consumer.

NA-2020.48-xxxxx can’t possibly still be the latest version.