Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation data update required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have "Navigation data update required" and "connect to wifi to update" message for quite a while now even through I have wifi and can listen to podcast stream without problem. Tesla service wants to replace my SD card for $310 to fix this issue. I'm just wondering if anyone ever had this problem like this.

Thanks
Tom

May be signal strength related. Last year I saw I was out-of-date nav-wise, and though my wifi signal reached my garage and I could stream audio (and I actually got a software update during this timeframe), it wasn't until (for other reasons) I parked in the driveway (closer to the router) for several hours...happened to check during the day and saw the nav update was downloading.

May be signal strength related. Last year I saw I was out-of-date nav-wise, and though my wifi signal reached my garage and I could stream audio (and I actually got a software update during this timeframe), it wasn't until (for other reasons) I parked in the driveway (closer to the router) for several hours...happened to check during the day and saw the nav update was downloading.
Thanks, let me try doing the same.

I have "Navigation data update required" and "connect to wifi to update" message for quite a while now even through I have wifi and can listen to podcast stream without problem. Tesla service wants to replace my SD card for $310 to fix this issue. I'm just wondering if anyone ever had this problem like this.

Thanks
Tom
Following. The same thing happened to me after this last update

Maps are stored on the SD card. If yours is corrupted, it will be an issue. Not sure why the SD card is so expensive. They're pretty cheap and I don't see what Tesla's SD card has on it to make it so pricey. Maybe see if you can format a new one yourself?

Maps are stored on the SD card. If yours is corrupted, it will be an issue. Not sure why the SD card is so expensive. They're pretty cheap and I don't see what Tesla's SD card has on it to make it so pricey. Maybe see if you can format a new one yourself?
I'm guessing it has to do with labor/installation since it's behind the dash somewhere not user accessible. Hard telling if simply replacing the card would be good enough or if toolbox access to do something proprietary to the card afterwards is also necessary.

i have problem when i change region in M3 2020. When change region NA to EU Navigation data don't want download, i wait 2 month.

software updated more time, but navigation don't want to switch to EU...

Attachments

• nav1.jpeg
    nav1.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 209
  • nav2.jpeg
    nav2.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 77