Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation data update results... way to go TomTom!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys, several months ago I submitted a crap load of corrections to TomTom for their navigation map system. For example, a length of road may have 5 or 10 sections that have individual speed limit data, so to correct the speed limit on that one length of road you have to submit 5 or 10 data correction requests. I submitted update data for 4 locations, probably totaling 20 or 30 separate data correction requests, and out of those 4 locations 3 were successfully updated! The 4th may be due to the city not putting up proper signage... it is a bad section of road and perhaps they want the limit to be 25 instead of 45... if so they need to put up a new sign!

Anyway, this latest navigation update makes the commute immeasurably more pleasant... just in time for me to quite my job, put my house up for rent, and move 950 miles away for my new job! The navigation update literally became available to me after I had left my old job and accepted to the new one... I drove my old commute before leaving the state permanently just to see if the updates I submitted were implemented.

Later,

Keith

Reactions: Bjoo907
Anyway, this latest navigation update makes the commute immeasurably more pleasant... just in time for me to quite my job, put my house up for rent, and move 950 miles away for my new job! The navigation update literally became available to me after I had left my old job and accepted to the new one... I drove my old commute before leaving the state permanently just to see if the updates I submitted were implemented.

Congratulations on the new job!

Is there a thread in here that explains how to make these TomTom updates? I'm also an avid user of the TomTom Go (?) App on my phone even they just updated my edits into that, it would be a big deal.