Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation destination list-sorting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I am about to program all of my destinations into my Model 3 navigation system. On the S, once you enter the destinations, you cannot re-sort/rearrange (in alpha order or otherwise).
Can someone tell me if this has been fixed on the 3?
Can you sort manually or in alpha order? And does each new entry load on the top of the list or the bottom?

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, maybe I'm not clear. You can store lots of destinations in the Nav system. In my experience with 2 Ses now up to v.8.x firmware, there is no way for the driver/user to open up the list of stored destinations and change the order. They are not sorted by alphabet. You can't drag entries up and down a list. They seem to be sorted by last/first ones input. I was wondering if there is any change in this less than user friendly system.

I saved a couple nav favorites and couldn't find a way to sort them. If you press and hold a favorite, it gets an X icon to allow deletion. They could add a handle to allow for dragging to reorder. (Plus, you can just swipe to the side for deletion.) It would also be cool to allow the Tesla app to manage (add/delete/reorder) favorites.

Reactions: LonestarV
I saved a couple nav favorites and couldn't find a way to sort them. If you press and hold a favorite, it gets an X icon to allow deletion. They could add a handle to allow for dragging to reorder. (Plus, you can just swipe to the side for deletion.) It would also be cool to allow the Tesla app to manage (add/delete/reorder) favorites.

So probably no change in the inability to sort after the fact. I wonder what v.9 will bring......

Sorry, maybe I'm not clear. You can store lots of destinations in the Nav system. In my experience with 2 Ses now up to v.8.x firmware, there is no way for the driver/user to open up the list of stored destinations and change the order. They are not sorted by alphabet. You can't drag entries up and down a list. They seem to be sorted by last/first ones input. I was wondering if there is any change in this less than user friendly system.
Nope. That is the way the Tesla nav has worked since the Model S went into production in 2012. Could it be improved? Sure. Will it be improved? Probably, someday. That’s the beauty of OTA updates. :)

Nope. That is the way the Tesla nav has worked since the Model S went into production in 2012. Could it be improved? Sure. Will it be improved? Probably, someday. That’s the beauty of OTA updates. :)

....dreaming that V.9 will magically fix this, but I assume that folks with Model 3 with the more 'up to date' interface have tried to sort stored entries without success.