Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Directions has to Compete with Music/Radio Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 is the first car I've driven that does not mute or lower the entertainment audio volume so that navigation voice directions can be heard.

Am I missing something, perhaps a setting somewhere? Do all Model 3's behave the same, or is there something wrong with mine?

Thanks

It’s not you. I typically keep my Bluetooth volume on the phone pretty high and the car’s media volume low. And keep the navigation volume significantly higher. This one time setup works fine. It’ll be a little loud when you get the navigation prompts but oh well.

ever since 32.12.2. I’ve notice the music volume lowers and increases with navigation prompts. It’s still not as evident as other cars...but it’s more than it ever was.
It doesn't do that in my model 3. I'm also on 12.2.

By the responses so far, I conclude that it's not just my car.

Is there a way to submit enhancement requests? I think this would be a fairly simple change.

Tesla can do things differently by having a setting to mute or not mute. You might find it a little thing. I'm an old guy and I don't like trying to hear it over the radio.

My original purpose for posting was to find out if it was normal or just my car. See my first post. Finding out that it was normal, I suggested an enhancement. If that makes me a complainer, so be it.

this is one of my favorite m3 features. I love that my music or audiobook is not paused or muted for nav instruction. since volume can be adjusted independently the relative volume can be whatever you like

Tesla can do things differently by having a setting to mute or not mute. You might find it a little thing. I'm an old guy and I don't like trying to hear it over the radio.

My original purpose for posting was to find out if it was normal or just my car. See my first post. Finding out that it was normal, I suggested an enhancement. If that makes me a complainer, so be it.

Check to see if its the volume you are listening at. I am not sure on my tesla because I have never really paid attention to it, but on my (wifes) BMW, the volume on music only lowers when using navigation, if the music volume is pretty loud to begin with.

Like I said, not sure if tesla is the same way because I have not tested it, but it would be something to try if it bothers you.