Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation doesn't properly recognize my home address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I enter my home address into the nav system, it pulls up the proper address and shows a pin right where my house is. However, when it goes to give me directions to that address, it wants to take me to a location that is over 7 miles away from me. I'm not really sure when this started. I know when I bought the car this fall that it worked perfectly, so something changed in one of the last software updates.

I also noticed that if you go to Tesla's trip planner website and enter my address that it gives the same wrong location that the navigation tries to take me to.

So far I have found that if I disable online routing that it will take me to the proper home address just fine. So it is somehow a problem with the address they have in their system. What I'm wondering is who do I report this error to so it can get properly corrected?

When I enter my home address into the nav system, it pulls up the proper address and shows a pin right where my house is. However, when it goes to give me directions to that address, it wants to take me to a location that is over 7 miles away from me. I'm not really sure when this started. I know when I bought the car this fall that it worked perfectly, so something changed in one of the last software updates.

I also noticed that if you go to Tesla's trip planner website and enter my address that it gives the same wrong location that the navigation tries to take me to.

So far I have found that if I disable online routing that it will take me to the proper home address just fine. So it is somehow a problem with the address they have in their system. What I'm wondering is who do I report this error to so it can get properly corrected?
What address does your phone show when it is at home. Probably can just it as "home"

It shows the address that I am entering into the nav system. It doesn't matter how I enter it or if I set it to use current location as home, when I try to navigate to it it sends me to a different location. Until I disable online routing anyway.

I have a similar problem, the best way into my neighborhood changed 18 months ago (added a new development adjacent and upgraded the streets to roundabouts and much better roads). Of course the S90D think I am going "off roading"..... while Apple Maps give correct and precise routings using the new roads.

I hate to add my voice to those crying for navigation map database updates, but COME ON TESLA..... it been two years since I last received map updates (coincident with V9's new navigation system I believe).

I have a similar problem, the best way into my neighborhood changed 18 months ago (added a new development adjacent and upgraded the streets to roundabouts and much better roads). Of course the S90D think I am going "off roading"..... while Apple Maps give correct and precise routings using the new roads.

I hate to add my voice to those crying for navigation map database updates, but COME ON TESLA..... it been two years since I last received map updates (coincident with V9's new navigation system I believe).
It's not like other manufacturers are any better. My GF at the time lived in a 5 year old house. I updated my BMW's nav system to the latest maps (2019) so I could just navigate to her house.... her house (actually the whole subdivision) wasn't even in there 5 years later.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yeah. I'm not saying this is a Tesla only problem. Just trying to figure out who a guy needs to report the error to so it can hopefully get fixed. Not that it's a big deal to leave online routing turned off or to have to switch it off when I want to navigate home. Just be nice to get it corrected.

What map version do you have? It shows in the software menu right above the firmware version.