Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Favorite Folders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the club and have a few suggestions I would like to float out to the larger community and ideally have implemented by Tesla. If there is a better place for these posts, please advise.

I would love to have Tesla add "Navigation Favorite Folders" (Arenas, Friends, Family, Restaurants, etc) so I can categorize my favorites. This will make it easier to search for the location I want to travel to.

I am currently putting a prefix before each name to help facilitate this, but folders would be a better solution.

Thanks,
Mark

Yeah the nav isn't a bad start but it's very barebones feature wise. Top of my feature request list would probably be multiple waypoints and allowing you to choose from multiple route options like Google Maps.

Also they could improve things by exposing a "share to car" action in the Tesla smart phone app. Then you could just send a location to the car from any app on your phone.

I am new to the club and have a few suggestions I would like to float out to the larger community and ideally have implemented by Tesla. If there is a better place for these posts, please advise.

I would love to have Tesla add "Navigation Favorite Folders" (Arenas, Friends, Family, Restaurants, etc) so I can categorize my favorites. This will make it easier to search for the location I want to travel to.

I am currently putting a prefix before each name to help facilitate this, but folders would be a better solution.

Thanks,
Mark
If they’re such favorites, wouldn’t you already know how to get to the them?

If they’re such favorites, wouldn’t you already know how to get to the them?
Then why do they have the ability to input a special "home" and "work"? Surely you already know how to get to them.

The point is to use the system to automatically route you there based on traffic, and having your favorites in an easy-to-find manner makes it easy to input the destination and let the car route you there.

This, plus traffic aware routing.
Exactly. That's the whole point of having "favorites" - use traffic aware routing to get you there the fastest, regardless whether that's a park, restaurant, museum, doctor's office, etc... And if it's in your favorites, you just have to touch the screen a couple times to be on your way, instead of digging out the address and manually inputting it.

Exactly. That's the whole point of having "favorites" - use traffic aware routing to get you there the fastest, regardless whether that's a park, restaurant, museum, doctor's office, etc... And if it's in your favorites, you just have to touch the screen a couple times to be on your way, instead of digging out the address and manually inputting it.
Does the Model 3 not have voice navigation? I used to be interested in favorites until I started using voice navigation. With voice it is so easy to navigate to a destination that I never bother with inputting destinations on the touchscreen anymore — can't even remember the last time I did it.

In May I was in Portland OR — 1100+ miles from home and an unfamiliar city for me — when I needed to visit a family member in a hospital. All I had to do was say "navigate to Providence Portland Hospital" and nav guided me there without difficulty.

The only issue with voice navigation is that it takes at least two bars of cell reception to work, but that signal strength is usually available in cities, where navigation is most needed.

• Helpful
Reactions: mblakele