Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation frozen and auto steering limited to 45 mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have MX late 2018 with latest update. Yesterday my navigation stopped working. It kept showing my work place as my current location even after left work. I have tried multiple things to get it to reset but nothing has worked. I used the scroll buttons to restart the car. I also charged at a supercharger to see if that does anything. I also turned off the car using the main screen. I did the factory reset and now the navigation thinks that I’m in Tesla HQ in Palo Alto. The auto steer speed is maxed out at 45 so I cannot use auto pilot on the freeway. I’m planning a long road trip tomorrow and this is a huge inconvenience. I have scheduled a visit with service center next week but I will appreciate any help since my road trip is tomorrow. Thanks!

I have MX late 2018 with latest update. Yesterday my navigation stopped working. It kept showing my work place as my current location even after left work. I have tried multiple things to get it to reset but nothing has worked. I used the scroll buttons to restart the car. I also charged at a supercharger to see if that does anything. I also turned off the car using the main screen. I did the factory reset and now the navigation thinks that I’m in Tesla HQ in Palo Alto. The auto steer speed is maxed out at 45 so I cannot use auto pilot on the freeway. I’m planning a long road trip tomorrow and this is a huge inconvenience. I have scheduled a visit with service center next week but I will appreciate any help since my road trip is tomorrow. Thanks!

Call Tesla. They might be able to push a software update to the car that should correct the problem.

How did you get this resolved. I seem to be having the same issue with the latest update. Thanks!