TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Navigation has decided to stop painting blue lines or painting wrong lines

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by hemants, Feb 11, 2015.

1. hemants

hemants Member

eg. I map a route, it maps half the lines and leaves half out.

then I map a different route and it still has the previous route mapped out

switch to a different zoom and it maps the new route, but zoom out again and the old blue lines are there from the previous route

???

2. santana338

santana338 Member

When this happens to me I usually reboot and the problem is resolved. I'm not sure if it is the center console or dash display that needs to be rebooted but I usually do both.

3. mibaro2

mibaro2 Member

A center console reboot should fix it. (holding both scroll wheels down for 20 seconds).
    I've had the symptoms you are describing and the reboot worked for me.

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Yes, a reboot does the trick. I did encounter that not helping a few times when cellular connectivity was weak. When I got in an area with better coverage it went back to normal, sometimes having to reboot again.

5. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I haven't had this happen on 6.1 but it happened quite frequently on 6.0.x.x
    it got so bad that I was doing both a soft reboot (holding the scroll wheels) and a hard reboot (pulling the yellow fuse under the frunk) at least once a week to resolve the problem. If the soft reboot doesn't work try a hard reboot. It'll also speed up your browser for a bit. (Side note: when the car is in for service this is actually one of the actions they perform especially if they upgrade the FW..one of the perks of my car spending a fair bit of time at my SC :)