Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've set my home postcode in my model 3 but the car thinks home is 100m down the road so I cannot dissable sentry when at home.

Anyone got a solution for this or is there a way of increasing the home radius. Its silly that you cannot set your current position?

I had the same issue for work. I had set sentry mode to exclude work but it thought work was 100m down the road as I assume it took the central point of the postcode.
The way I got around this was pressing and holding the vehicle (arrow) on the map when parked at work as if you were setting a favourite. It popped up with the address it thought I was located and then I reset my work as the exact address it gave by typing out street number and name it gave.

Worked for me but dont know if its a general solution. Hope it helps

I get that. It thinks I live next door but one and if I navigate home and don’t do what I’m told, it wants me to take a 4 mile round trip and do it properly!
I don’t even get “turn around when possible”!!!

Thanks for the reply, just tried it but still defaults to 100m away.

Complete newbie here awaiting my M3 a suggestion possibly?!?

Don't know if it'll work but have you tried going on your phone and putting a pin in google maps for your home, navigate to it then once it's route is calculated share the route to your M3 then you could set the recent destination as your home?

This is the way I dealt with (I think) the same problem you have:

To add an address to Google Maps using your mobile, please enter the address in the search bar.

Swipe up the address information that appears at the bottom of your screen - you might have to move the screen up a few times, until you see "Report a problem".

Click on "Report a problem" and fill out the details on the screen and move the marker on the Map to the correct location, if necessary.

You will receive an email after submitting the edit request. It will say "Thank you for adding an address to Google Maps! The address is being reviewed. We'll let you know once the changes are published."
Please KEEP this email as you might need it later if the edit is not approved after one month, or if it is incorrectly denied.

To check the status of your edit go to Your Contributions, then click on Edits. You can then scroll down and see the current status of your edits. If your report is still "Pending" after one month, or "Not Applied" please post again with a screenshot of the email, mentioned above, and we will advise the next step.

It took about three days for my correct address to appear at the correct location and after that I didn't have a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Right now all you can do is add a favourite by pressing down on the map in the car, and turning on "Exclude Favourites", if you're trying to disable Sentry mode for home. If you're just trying to make "Home" actually your home, then you'll need to get Google to update the map if your address doesn't exist.

I had to go through this recently. My address was in the Royal Mail database, but not Google Maps. The closest I could get, like you, was 100 metres up the road. Very frustating, and it meant I couldn't use Sentry mode as it would stay on at home.

I did the same thing as @Sparkeur mentions above, and it ultimately took about 2 months to resolve, and I had to chase it up on here - Google Maps Community. According to my contributions on Google Maps it looks like it's still pending, so I think posting on that forum is what actually got it sorted.

The good news is once resolved the car picks up the address very quickly. Pretty sure mine was available to choose in the car within 24 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 12.56.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 12.56.08.png
    35 KB · Views: 57