Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation image prefers zoomed out view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed something over the past few days and I'm not sure if it is the newest software (I'm on 2020.16.2.1) or if it is a setting, but as I'm driving along, using navigation to direct me to my destination, i find this quirk:

I'll zoom in to see the streets where I need to turn and greater detail, and after about 30 seconds or so, it will zoom back out. I zoom in again and it later zooms back out.

Is there a setting that I can change or is this a quirk of the software?

also: why can't I input my intended destination on the tesla app and then when I get in the car, it comes up on the screen. My cadillac and Audi had that function.

I've noticed something over the past few days and I'm not sure if it is the newest software (I'm on 2020.16.2.1) or if it is a setting, but as I'm driving along, using navigation to direct me to my destination, i find this quirk:

I'll zoom in to see the streets where I need to turn and greater detail, and after about 30 seconds or so, it will zoom back out. I zoom in again and it later zooms back out.

also: why can't I input my intended destination on the tesla app and then when I get in the car, it comes up on the screen. My cadillac and Audi had that function.

You can input your destination in Google maps then share it with the Tesla app and it will been the car screen.

You can input your destination in Google maps then share it with the Tesla app and it will been the car screen.
wow. thank you for the help with that, Blue X90. here is a link for others if they need more detail:
Top 8 Tips and Tricks for your Model 3 - TESBROS

here's my original post question for other readers: