Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday I took my car in because the passenger door handle had bubbles and the drivers handle was working sporadically. They replaced the door handles without any problems.
They asked if I wanted them to update the firmware and I said sure.

After the update the navigation has the location locked to the service center. They reset the system and tried several things with no luck. Now I have to bring my car back.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Jay
2013 MS 60.. 49k

Please provide a little more description of "locked to the service center". Is your destination locked (odd) ...or more likely maybe Nav GPS is always showing your car being at the Service Center when that isn't your location at all ...or maybe something else? if the former, I've not read here of that problem, but there have been reports of various problems with GPS being effected by various devices sitting on top of the dash or installed elsewhere that provide interference, and IIRC at least another that did require going in and having something physically reconnected or replaced to get the Nav operational again.

I suspect the firmware update is a coincidence as I have not read of any others having similar problems with recent firmware updates. Appears something needs to physically be repaired or replaced that went astray when your door handles where replaced. Good luck with the resolution.

After the update the navigation has the location locked to the service center. They reset the system and tried several things with no luck. Now I have to bring my car back.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

I know your issue is resolved, but I thought I should respond anyway.

I did experience this once when my GPS was not working at all after I had paid for the LTE upgrade.

Some easy ways to check if all your GPS functions aren't working is to see if the car attempts to raise the suspension at sites you have it to raise at, and/or to check if the homelink screen pops up when it should when you are near any of your programmed homelink buttons. In my case none of those things worked, and I knew GPS wasn't working at all.