Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation language in Europe/Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
I'm a new M3 owner in Switzerland and I'd love to set my navigation language to English US.
The menu only displays "British English" and this is really annoying. I have nothing against our kind English friends, however I really don't like the accent and I'd like to set it to what I use daily (English US).

Does anyone know if it can be done or who to reach out to if it's not yet possible?

You can see the problem I'm describing on this video I recorded when I took delivery of the car
(minute 4:16)

Dont think so, I actually changed the language to German, I couldn’t stand the constant miss pronunciation of the street names!
I called Tesla and I was told that feedback would be passed up and that the language should eventually be added with an update.
I understand the mispronunciation of the names though, Living in the swiss-italian region it's even funnier, no matter what language I choose.

Upvote 0
I would hope that we will be able to select our navigation language and names as separate languages. I am okay with the British English but names should come from the German database (where I live in Switzerland). I don’t see why this should be a problem for Tesla to implement. I guess it’s not an issue in the USA so… it won’t happen.

Upvote 0
I would hope that we will be able to select our navigation language and names as separate languages. I am okay with the British English but names should come from the German database (where I live in Switzerland). I don’t see why this should be a problem for Tesla to implement. I guess it’s not an issue in the USA so… it won’t happen.
Yeah exactly. Apple Maps does this - I have selected British English and ‘Tom’ pronounces the German names correctly. Shouldn’t be hard.

Upvote 0