Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation map no longer showing Supercharger capacity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a month ago our Nav system stopped showing Supercharger capacity. This was very useful to us as it was nice to know which Superchargers had open space and which ones didn't. Is this a setting we accidentally turned off? If so, how do we turn it back on?

Based on a response indicating this still exists in V9, I'd recommend you reboot the MCU. I almost always forget to reboot the MCU to fix stuff, so I'm assuming you've forgotten to as well, because this sounds like something that would resolve.

I found that in the Tesla app on your phone if you go to the charging section (like you're trying to start the charge at a different time than scheduled) you can scroll all the way down and see local super chargers and how many of them are available. Cool thing is if you click on the one you want it automatically sends it to the vehicle you are in the charge section for. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I can upload some instructional screen shots.

I found that in the Tesla app on your phone if you go to the charging section (like you're trying to start the charge at a different time than scheduled) you can scroll all the way down and see local super chargers and how many of them are available. Cool thing is if you click on the one you want it automatically sends it to the vehicle you are in the charge section for. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I can upload some instructional screen shots.

The app will also show the Destination chargers in your area.

What I don’t like is that you are giving address only. I was looking for a supercharger while driving from lax to oc on the 405. I clicked on the one for Redondo Beach. I was provided directions and followed them. The nav showed I had arrived but neither my daughter or I could find the supercharge. Called support and after about 10 min the rep asked if I saw the Hilton Garden Inn and told me it’s in their parking lot. The Hilton garden inn was off the main road and the superchargers couldn’t be seen. Why can’t they give us also the business name?

They are sometimes tricky to find. I asked the navigation system to take me to one only to be told at the end that "your destination is on the right" when it was, in fact, on the left. Check PlugShare. They often have comments like "In the Harris Teeter parking garage" and frequently have photos as well.