Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation map plus and minus buttons gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I remember it the + and - buttons didn't fix the setting...it lasted for say 20-30 seconds then reverted to standard...same as the two finger pinch now. I stand to be corrected but I just don't remember it ever being fixed...?
Yep. On the last road trip this drove me crazy. And with a slow connection plus MCU1, the map would reset and zoom away before anything was even displayed at the location I had panned and zoomed to. I had to keep giving it little nudges just to keep the area of the map I wanted to see on screen. After 5 days I was just ranting every time I needed to work with the map. I became quite inventive with the fates I wished upon whomever was responsible.

Reactions: SteelClouds
Upvote 0
As I remember it the + and - buttons didn't fix the setting...it lasted for say 20-30 seconds then reverted to standard...same as the two finger pinch now. I stand to be corrected but I just don't remember it ever being fixed...?
They WERE permanent. They were permanent for the road you set them for. On highways they expand out and local roads they zoom it. You can use the + - button to adjust the amount of zoom out and zoom in when the car get to those areas. The changes stick. I used it all the time.

I hope they bring back the auto zooms, don't care about the buttons as long as the pinch to zoom remembers like before.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Upvote 0
They WERE permanent. They were permanent for the road you set them for. On highways they expand out and local roads they zoom it. You can use the + - button to adjust the amount of zoom out and zoom in when the car get to those areas. The changes stick. I used it all the time.

I hope they bring back the auto zooms, don't care about the buttons as long as the pinch to zoom remembers like before.
Seems there are mixed opinions about this...some say it is fixed and other say it isn't. Some say it works when NOT using guidance...I don't know myself as I haven't tried it. Will do later today.

Upvote 0
Seems there are mixed opinions about this...some say it is fixed and other say it isn't. Some say it works when NOT using guidance...I don't know myself as I haven't tried it. Will do later today.
They work when out of guidance. As long as you don't have 44.25.x, the auto zoom for highways and local roads should still work.

Reactions: TexasTezla
Upvote 0