Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation/Map Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recall a month or so ago looking at the car’s UI to check which software version I was on and seeing a growing green progress bar and an indication that a nav download was in progress (independently from software updates - there was no “software update available” notice; it appeared to just happen on its own in the background about 3 days after a software update). Could be it was related to the update and poor WiFi in the garage delayed it.

I live in a semi-rural area and a number of short roads here were unknown to the maps and nav. After the update I turned down one of these short-cut roads that used to confuse the nav and it adjusted itself and continued without a hitch. This road is only about 300 yards long. I’m anxious to drive to work at the office again - there is a very short road on my route (it’s only about 75 feet long - more of a u-turn path for a divided road where north and southbound lanes are separated by a patch of woods) that has always confused the nav.

If I wanted nav updates in my Toyotas I had to buy a new DVD for something like $125.