Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation/Map Updates

AmokTime

Nov 27, 2019
Philly metro
I recall a month or so ago looking at the car’s UI to check which software version I was on and seeing a growing green progress bar and an indication that a nav download was in progress (independently from software updates - there was no “software update available” notice; it appeared to just happen on its own in the background about 3 days after a software update). Could be it was related to the update and poor WiFi in the garage delayed it.

I live in a semi-rural area and a number of short roads here were unknown to the maps and nav. After the update I turned down one of these short-cut roads that used to confuse the nav and it adjusted itself and continued without a hitch. This road is only about 300 yards long. I’m anxious to drive to work at the office again - there is a very short road on my route (it’s only about 75 feet long - more of a u-turn path for a divided road where north and southbound lanes are separated by a patch of woods) that has always confused the nav.

If I wanted nav updates in my Toyotas I had to buy a new DVD for something like $125.

AmokTime

Nov 27, 2019
Philly metro
They’d probably get a stock price target bump from the prognosticators if they started charging for nav updates. Wall Street gushes every time Tesla monetizes something.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC